1st October 2019, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BDS with Biology in 12th?

After completing my Intermediate from Science stream with subject combination of PCM I took admission in BCA which I completed recently. So, now am I eligible to do Bachelor's of Dental Surgeon (BDS) as I did not had Biology in my Intermediate?

4th October 2019, 09:20 PM
velanade

Default Re: Can I do BDS with Biology in 12th?

For BDS one has to appear for the NEET and thus for NEET, one should have PCB as their main subjects in class 12th.....
Thus without biology one cannot apply for BDS....and have to appeared in NEET examination.
4th October 2019, 11:24 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. You can pursue this course only if you have PCB stream in 12th standard.

Since, BDS is a medical course (like MBBS, BHMS, etc.), you can only pursue it with PCB stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology).

Since, you completed 12th without Biology, so you cannot apply for BDS course.
5th October 2019, 08:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for pursuing BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgeon) degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group, you are not eligible for pursuing BDS degree course as Biology is compulsory for pursuing the same degree course.
7th October 2019, 09:41 AM
velanade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completing my Intermediate from Science stream with subject combination of PCM I took admission in BCA which I completed recently. So, now am I eligible to do Bachelor's of Dental Surgeon (BDS) as I did not had Biology in my Intermediate?
For BDS candidate can apply only after class 12th and after clearing NEET examination.
NEET is conducted twice a year by the NET/ CBSE. To apply for NEET candidate should have biology subject in their 12th.
7th October 2019, 05:38 PM
S4018

Biology is compulsory subject for any of medical related field , so you are not eligible for BDS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?