12th January 2019, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I do degree in Chemical Engineering after Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

I have completed 3 years full time Diploma course in Electrical Engineering. Now, am I eligible to apply for B.Tech or BE in Chemical Engineering? Do I need to appear for any entrance for this? If yes, please share details of that entrance (syllabus, exam pattern, model papers).

31st January 2019, 11:35 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do degree in Chemical Engineering after Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

Candidates after diploma in Engineering course are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry in 2nd year but not eligible to change the stream.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Electrical engineering only.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in B.Tech after diploma course.
31st January 2019, 01:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do degree in Chemical Engineering after Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

No, you cannot change the stream and hence you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Chemical engineering.

Candidates pursuing in Diploma course are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry, only in the stream in which you have completed the diploma course.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course.

So, you are only eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in Electrical engineering.
31st January 2019, 07:46 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

It is not possible to change the stream while taking through lateral entry in B.Tech after diploma course.

Candidates are only eligible to get admission in the stream in which they have completed the diploma course.

So, you will have pursue your B.Tech in Electrical engineering.
9th February 2019, 10:15 AM
Maa Ka Pyar

No sir it is not possible to get admission in B. tech from Electrical engineering if you have diploma course
in Chemical engineering.
In lateral entry exam which is generally conducted by SLEE(state level engineering exam) you can get admission only in same stream and can not change your stream.
You can go for B.Tech in chemical engineering because it's also provide lot of jobs opportunity related to drugs and medicine.
10th February 2019, 05:41 PM
@sonalikumari
Member+

Firstly you cannot change your stream if you do a diploma in that stream.

You are eligible to take direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech through the lateral course.

But you are not able to change your stream from Electrical to the chemical in B. tech

SORRY
AND,
ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?