25th August 2011, 01:33 AM
raj_phd

Can I do full time Ph.D along with full time job?

can i do full time phd along with full time job...please tell me can I do it

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges in Mumbai who conducts PhD in Pharmaceutics? Difference between part time and full time PhD?
  2. ME counseling dates 2010 for Anna University -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Detailed information about the universities which offers Part Time and Full Time PhD in Hindi?
  4. List of institute where Ph.D programmes are held full time?
  5. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  6. Can I apply for scholarship after doing full time Ph.D in commerce in Kerala?
  7. What is the procedure followed for doing full time Ph.D course?
  8. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics part time or full time?
  9. Which are the engineering courses and colleges around Tamilnadu?
  10. Procedure to convert from full time to part time PhD course for a candidate of Anna University? -- [New]
  11. Admission procedure after qualifying entrance exam in Osmania University for PhD(Management)? Fee expenses for full/part time PhD course? Whether Government offer fee reimbursement?
  12. Can I do full time Ph.D along with full time job?
  13. What is the scope of part time Ph.D? I am a MCA passout and doing a job in software company in Java/J2EE
  14. How much should be the GMAT score to get into Indian School of Business Management?
  15. List of colleges/universities along with their details, offering Ph.D degree(part time or full time) in Mathematics?
  16. Is there any part time job for students? Is PhD course a full time course in Germany?
  17. Full time M.E (CSE) in Deemed University without TANCET
  18. Regular Degree and working experience at same time is valid or not?
25th August 2011, 08:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do full time Ph.D along with full time job?

The only way you can do a full time PH.d if you are in the research field. It will depend on the area in which you are planning to pursue the same. If it is in the field of science then certainly you can join a laboratory or research institute in the same field. You will need to clear the JRF+NET exam to enter this field. Also for this you should have completed your Masters.
25th August 2011, 09:16 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, its not possible for you to do full time phd along with full time job as full time phd takes about four years to complete. During the first 10 months Students are provided rigorous training through a pre-Ph D coursework followed by the dissertation work which commences in the eleventh month.

So it is clear that you are totally engaged in the 6 to 8 hrs daily in your studies & the attendence is also compulsory for the same.
25th August 2011, 12:21 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

dear friend,
You can not do both in full time but if your job provider gives you a leave for P.hd then you can do
25th August 2011, 12:24 PM
kalpana.inturi

Deard friend as per to the rules concerned with the universities a person doing job cant do the full time phd programme but can do in the distance mode.it depends up on the various areas they choose in doing the research field.
25th August 2011, 12:50 PM
saugata2008

Yes you can .

But there is some factors which are important
your field (If it is research field you can join research institutes ).Other wise you can join other colleges (Privet) as a lecturer .

thank you
25th August 2011, 01:58 PM
rana2011
Banned

This is fully depanding on your won time and prasure of mind.

But if you can do a full time PH.d in the research field it is in the field of science then certainly you can join a laboratory or research institute in the same field.
Butto enter this field You have to clear the JRF+NET exam.

Thanks!!
29th November 2011, 11:15 PM
litunu

its not possible for you to do full time phd along with full time job as full time phd takes about four years to complete. During the first 10 months Students are provided rigorous training through a pre-Ph D coursework followed by the dissertation work which commences in the eleventh month.
So it is clear that you are totally engaged in the 6 to 8 hrs daily in your studies & the attendence is also compulsory for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?