24th July 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering?

i m doing b.tech in industrial engineering can i do m.tech in mechanicle???????
Reply me soon

Related Questions:
  1. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  2. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  4. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  5. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  6. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  7. How to join M.Tech Mechanical Engineering through distance education after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  9. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  10. In which NIT should i apply for M.Tech so as to get admission after scoring 534 in Production and Industrial Engineering?
  11. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT? -- [New]
  12. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  13. Mtech in Biomedical Engineering after Btech in Industrial Biotechnology?
  14. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  15. Mtech(Industrial Pollution ctrl) vs MTech(Industrial Biotechnology)
  16. Which has a better scope in future, Avionics or Aeronautics?
  17. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  18. Best Colleges offering GME course? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Marine Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
31st July 2011, 04:51 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering?

Yes of course you can take up any Mechanical course in M.tech after completing your B.tech in Industrial Engineering.There are many courses for M.tech in mechanical engineering.Some of the courses related to it are:-

CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Metallurgy, Robotics, Energy Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing,.etc

So, being a student from Industrial Engineering you can go through all the above courses.You first need to go through the GATE exam for admission into top Institutes of India.You can even go through exams conducted by Universities or state level entrance exams for admission into good colleges.
31st July 2011, 05:24 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering?

hello dear

no. you can't do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering.

see,Mechanical and Industrial Engineering both are different field.

industrial engineering is kind of specialization of Mechanical.

so if some one do btech in Mechanical and want to do mtech in Industrial Engineering, that is possible.

where as reverse is not possible.

so it will be better to do mtech in Industrial Engineering.

all the best............
31st July 2011, 05:29 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Reply me soon
Dear friend this is not possible you can do M.TECH from INDUSTRIAL ENGG.......

Because you have done your B.TECH from Industrial engg,then you can do M.TECH is also from Industrial not from MECHANICAL.........

You can take admission in M.TECH in Industrial field not in Mechanical Field.....

That's why this is not possible.you can do M.TECH from your stream not from other............
31st July 2011, 05:38 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
After complete your graduation degree in
Industrial engineering

then you go for higher study like M.TECH
So you eligible for M.TECH in mechanical.there is no restriction at all,

M.TECH colleges are:-

*IIT,Bombay
*IIT,Bangalore
*IIT,MADRAS
*IIT,kanpur
*IIT,Roorkee
*NIT
*Thapar university
*Kiit,orissa
*ITER,orissa

all are very good college..............
31st July 2011, 05:43 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...you are elegible to do mechanical engineering but you should take care that the institute in which you are applying should allow it and also you should have an gate score in mechanical engineering paper,
actually what i mean to say is that its better to do mtech from the best colleges like the iits and some iits do allow production engineers to take mechanical engineering courses but for that you should write the gate exam in the mechanical engineering field,so i am attching the gate brochure and also mechanical engineering syllabus,you should start preparing right from now as the exam will be conducted in the month of february
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 102 views)
31st July 2011, 06:10 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

yes you can do M.Tech in mechnical if you have completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering.

In M.Tech you can choose any subject according to your intrest in M.Tech.Various branches are available in M.Tech as-CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Metallurgy, Robotics, Energy Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing you can choose any one from these according to your intrest.

It will be very better for you that you choose your B.Tech subject in M.Tech.you will get more knowledge in M.Tech.

Best exam for M.Tech is GATE.you have to apply for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech.by this exam you can get chance of admission in IIT college for M.Tech.
31st July 2011, 06:41 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Reply me soon
Yes,you are absolutely eligible for doing M.Tech in Mechanical engineering after doing your B.Tech from industrial engineering.
To get admission in M.Tech,you will have to qualify competitive exams like GATE.
So,you should start its preparation from now onwards and try to secure a good rank in order to get a good college.
Best of luck.
31st July 2011, 07:31 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Can I do M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering?

Yes of course you can take up any Mechanical course in M.tech after completing your B.tech in Industrial Engineering.There are many courses for M.tech in mechanical engineering.Some of the courses related to it are:-

CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Metallurgy, Robotics, Energy Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing,.etc

So, being a student from Industrial Engineering you can go through all the above courses.You first need to go through the GATE exam for admission into top Institutes of India.You can even go through exams conducted by Universities or state level entrance exams for admission into good colleges.
31st July 2011, 08:38 PM
amisha rath

yes you can do easily because you fit in eligibility criteria of GATE and by writing this exam and getting a good score you will able to get a seat.

you need to go through the syllabus for this.

visit sites of iitb or iitk
31st July 2011, 08:49 PM
ankur049

ankur
9th August 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I wnt to knw wht. is d defrnc betwn robotics,comptr& nano technolgy......
9th August 2011, 08:24 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

yes, you can do M.tech in Mechanical engg. but there are only very few college which allow this and so you have to get a very good score in GATE in order to get into those colleges and also you have to be careful that will you b able to cope up with the syllabus because there would be lot of difference from your engg. subjects and you may not have enough knowledge of the mechanical fundamentals, so think properly and take your decision.
9th August 2011, 11:37 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Definitely there is no problem to pursue M.Tech in Mechanical having completed B.Tech in Industrial Engineering.But it would be better for you if you carry on the same branch as it would be much easier.
9th August 2011, 04:35 PM
sg1991

Dear friend,

you can do M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering after having done B. Tech. in Industrial Engineering. For this you have to give GATE exam in Mechanical Engineering. You will be given a GATE score card which remains valid for 2 years. Depending on your GATE score you will get the institute and subject.

For this you will have to study the GATE syllabus of Mechanical engg.
9th August 2011, 11:29 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Reply me soon
ya sure you can do the mtech in the respective branch ...........there is no restriction in it...........the gate eligibility is only having a graduate degree it does'nt deals with which degree.....................so you can do mtech in mechanical.....................

just be confident and be prepared.............

best of luck...........
11th August 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Mechanical in M.Tech after completing Civilengineering in B.Tech?
12th August 2011, 05:12 AM
dharmendra kumar umar

Quote:
Reply me soon
dear friend
first of all preperation net
or destancre eduction
so please pre decide
which type study here
12th August 2011, 10:43 AM
Harshita21

Sorry to say but this is not
possible to do b.Tech in Civil
and m.tech in mechanical

Because both the courses are different
You are not aware about the subjects of mechanical.
So how you get the advanced or vast knowledge of it
even if you do not have any idea about the basics of it.

You can appear for the exam but it
not possible for you to mantain a balance between B.Tech civil and
M.Tech mechanical
12th August 2011, 10:53 AM
Harshita21

and m.tech in mechanical

not possible for you to mantain a balance between B.Tech civil and
M.Tech mechanical
12th August 2011, 10:55 AM
Harshita21

and m.tech in mechanical

not possible for you to maintain a balance between B.Tech civil and
M.Tech mechanical
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?