17th February 2012, 10:55 PM
sgarima

Can I do MBA in the same field after completion of BE in ECE?

Hii, i am doing B.E. in electronics and communication. Can I do MBA after my B.E. in this field.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MBA in the same field after completion of BE in ECE?
  2. What are the options available for me after B.Pharm?
  3. List of the courses to do in medical field after completion of B.E in ECE
  4. What is the scope of life sciences in India after doing MSc? Where are the jobs available?
  5. Which stream is better for me to choose in MBA being a candidate having done B.Tech in ECE? How far does it better for me of doing MBA from IGNOU?
  6. What should I do after B.E ECE?
  7. Courses which I can do after passing 12th commerce with 62.2% without Maths?
  8. Which course is a better choice for me to join between MBA IT and MCA after completion of B.Com course with 51% of marks?
  9. Which government sector jobs in research field i can get after B.Tech (ECE) completion? -- [New]
  10. Which course has more scope nowadays so that I could join it after B.Tech Computer Science?
  11. Does MBA course a better choice for the candidates of ECE? Which field in MBA is good for ECE candidates?
  12. How to select a post graduation course after completing Bachelor of Computer Application?
  13. Which stream is better for MBA for a B.tech(ECE) student? Is mba in telecom management is good? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Will I get any benefit after completion of MBA? What is the suitable background for completion of MBA?
  15. What should I select after completing my B.Pharm?
  16. How to join MBA after B.Tech? I have completed B.Tech ECE and interested in doing MBA
  17. Is M.Tech better or MBA for B.E ECE student?
  18. Will I get Job in Administration field after completion of MBA course being a candidate from Science background?
18th February 2012, 03:03 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA in the same field after completion of BE in ECE?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no specialization like MBA in ECE. But, there are some specializations which are good for B.Tech candidates like
-MBA in Operations Management
-MBA in Systems Management
-MBA in Information Technology
-MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
-MBA in Human Resource Management
-MBA in Retail Management
-MBA in Marketing Management

Rather than joining MBA course, I suggest you to look for job opportunities through B.Tech. Candidates of ECE are being high salaries if they got job in reputed companies.

But, if you have profound interest to do MBA course, you can opt for the same.

Candidates who have completed MBA course after their B.Tech are in good demand these days. Because, the organizations can use them in order to manage both technical aspects and managerial aspects.

So, doing MBA course just for the sake of certificate will not fetch you anything. Try to be strong enough in
-Communication skills
-subject knowledge
-convincing skills
-leadership skills
-problem solving skills by the time you complete your MBA course without which it is difficult for you to get a good job and to perform well in the job which you join.

The admission to this course will be given on the basis of performance in any of the Entrance Exams like
-CAT
-MAT
-GMAT etc.

In addition, there are some state level entrance exams for MBA course by crakcing which you can get admission for MBA course in any of the college in your state. If you are interested with this, you can prepare for this exam also.

No need to worry at all regarding the career scope and job opportunities after completion of MBA course. There are number of job opportunities waiting for you and only thing is that you have to mould yourself as your profile best suit to the needs of the industry.
18th February 2012, 07:02 AM
anlakshmi

MBA(Master of business Administration)

There are many specializations in MBA,it depends on the course one has completed in the graduation....
As you had completed your graduation in B.tech ECE branch...
Some of the specializations available for you are
*Telecommunication management
*Information technology
*Marketing
*Finance
*Human resource....etc
Among these courses,as you are from the ECE branch you can opt for both your core side and also to the software side(IT)...
Now a days both IT and Telecommunication management has the good future,but as you are a ECE branch student it is better if you do telecommunication management,it will bring bright future for you....
Good Luck....
18th February 2012, 10:07 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

After complete your B.Tech then you can also do MBA

MBA have different branches like
*MBA in Marketing
*MBA in Finance
*MBA in Operation management
*MBA in IT
*MBA in HR
others....

After B.Tech you give entrance exam like
CAT
MAt
XAt

after qualifying this exam then you are eligible for MBA study......
18th February 2012, 05:30 PM
Vinashkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarima View Post
Hii, i am doing B.E. in electronics and communication. Can I do MBA after my B.E. in this field.
Hello Sgarima,

Though there is no stream of electronics and communication in MBA course. but do not worry. If you really want to go for higher education in electronics and communication then you have an option of doing M.Tech in the same field.

you can check more here at IPS institute of professional studies that offers M.tech in electronics and communication and a range of MBA streams.
19th February 2012, 07:16 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
After passing B.E in ECE you can join following field in M.B.A:-
> System management
> Operation management
> Marketing Management
etc

For admission in top college you have to qualify entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> MA.T
> X.A.T
> R.M.AT
etc

GOOD LUCK!
20th February 2012, 02:31 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After B.Tech ou can do M.B.A in following feild:-
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- OPERATION MANAGEMENT

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T

ALL THE BEST!
8th April 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

can i do MBA in HR and operations both
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?