22nd September 2019, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS course after completion of B.Sc Nursing?

How we can take a lateral entry in MBBS after completion of B.Sc Nursing? What is the procedure? Is there any entrance which I need to clear? Will AIIMS allow me to take admission in 2nd year directly? What about other universities or colleges?

26th September 2019, 10:30 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBBS course after completion of B.Sc Nursing?

Yes, you are definitely eligible for pursuing MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) course even after completion of your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course if you hold the minimum educational required for pursuing MBBS degree course which is a Class 12th in Science stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 60% marks in case of AIIMS MBBS admission) from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

Further, even after completion of your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course, you will be eligible for MBBS first year admission as there is no provision of lateral entry for admission to MBBS 2nd year for any degree holder. Also, for getting admitted to MBBS degree course in any medical college of India, you are required to qualify NEET/ AIIMS MBBS entrance examination/ JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?