12th December 2021, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MTech after BSc Agriculture?

I am pursuing BSc agriculture. Can I do Mtech after Bsc agriculture? If I appear in GATE and get a good score Will it help in getting chance in M Tech

14th December 2021, 12:34 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MTech after BSc Agriculture?

Yes. After completing BSc Agriculture, you are eligible to do MTech. But you have to appear in the GATE exam and get qualifying marks to get eligible for MTech.
14th December 2021, 07:16 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for M.Tech course:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue M.Tech is given below,

Name of the course- Master of Technology

>> Candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in concerned discipline or B.E or B.Tech from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

>> The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 50% Mark's or above.

>> You are required to appear in GATE Entrance Examination and secure good score in order to get admission in top colleges.
14th December 2021, 09:23 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

MTech can be done only after you have a graduate degree in Technology or Engineering.

After BSc, the PG option you have is MSc in the concerned subject. You are not eligible for MTech.
14th December 2021, 09:45 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, It is pretty uncommon for students to opt for MTech degrees in a specific course after BSc because BSc courses are usually for 3-year duration and in order to apply for an MTech degree one must have an undergraduate degree of minimum 4-years of education.

So, the best option for students intending to pursue an MTech degree in India would be to complete MSc in their respective areas first and then apply for an MTech course.
14th December 2021, 12:34 PM
deepakkumarboudh

No, you can not do MTech after BSc agriculture you can pursue M. Tech. after M.Sc.
14th December 2021, 05:45 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

On successful completion of bachelors degree in science, students generally pursue Master of Science courses in thier field of study pr equivalent fields of Interest. It is pretty uncommon for students to opt for MTech degree in a specific course after BSc because BSc courses are usually for 3 year duration and in order to apply for an MTech degree one must have an undergraduate degree of minimum 4 years of education.

So, the best option for students intending to pursue an MTech degree in India would be to complete MSc in their respective areas first and then apply for an MTech course.

BSc degree holders often opt for MTech courses in their relevant fields I'm arder to gain technical knowledge, skill and experience in that subject which would help them in their career prospects and research opportunities.

Some common entrance exams for MTech are:
GATE, AP PGECET, OJEE, IITH PGEE, BHU PET etc
The average course fee varies from different courses to colleges however it cam range from somewhere around INR 20000-350000.

Student can pursue Mtech in a full-time through campus or part-time through distance learning. Number of colleges offer distance education in Mtech. Some common ones are: IGNOU, KSOU, NOU and others.
14th December 2021, 06:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° No, it is not possible to pursue Master of technology 2 years degree course after completing the Bachelor of Science agriculture course which is in order to pursue Mtech one should have completed Bachelor of Technology in the respective stream in which you want to pursue Mtech.
If you want to pursue Mtech then you should have minimum educational qualification of B.Tech, otherwise you will not be allowed to get admission in Mtech in any college and if any of the college allows you then your degree will not be valid.
14th December 2021, 07:18 PM
Msdhoni02

The answer is NO, you can not pursue MTech after BSc Agriculture in India. But you can pursue MTech after completing the MSc course. The duration of the MSc course is 2 years in India. You should have completed a graduation course from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks to pursue MSc.
14th December 2021, 10:28 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes,why not you can do MTech after BSc Agriculture.Duration of MTech Course is 2 years.
15th December 2021, 07:49 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Candidates with B.Sc Agriculture are not eligible to appear for M.Tech entrance examination.

The required eligibility is that candidate must have passed B.Sc and than M.Sc to become eligible for admission in M.Tech course. So, you are not eligible to appear for the entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech after B.Sc Agriculture course.
15th December 2021, 02:54 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do M.Tech after BSC Agriculture. To apply for an MTech degree one must have an undergraduate degree of minimum 4-years of education. For deep details regarding this you can check it out on Google.
7th August 2022, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I do m.tech in applied geology after b.se degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?