27th July 2013, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for Civil Services like IAS, PCS exam?

i have completed b.tech trough cs. am i eligible for civil sevices like IAS & PCS exam

30th June 2015, 02:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civil Services like IAS, PCS exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the IAS and PCS examination after completing the b.tech in computer science.

The eligibility to appear for the IAS entrance examination conducted by the UPSC every year as the Civil services examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-30 years for the general category and relaxation in the age for the different category candidates.

There is no limitations on the discipline and only passing percentage is required to qualify for the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as the Preliminary, Mains and Interview and mandatory to qualify in each for the final selection. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in

Since you are b.tech candidate you can apply for the PCS also you can get the jobs in the PCS through the GATE entrance examination but you have to face the GD and interview before the final selection. Only top rankers are eligible for the PCS jobs.
30th June 2015, 10:36 PM
john215

Default Re: Can I be eligible for Civil Services like IAS, PCS exam?

Re: Can I be eligible for Civil Services like IAS, PCS exam?

Yes you can eligible for IAS, PCS
This exams conduct Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
I have attache the IAS 2015 notification you can see the eligibility and fee structure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSP_2015_eng.pdf(5.66 MB, 24 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?