14th July 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I expect a seat in top colleges after scoring 14789 GATE rank?

sir, my gate rank is 14789 where can i expect a seat in top colleges

27th December 2012, 11:50 AM
sushildhaker

Default Re: Can I expect a seat in top colleges after scoring 14789 GATE rank?

No,there is no chance to get seat in top colleges as your rank is too low to get admission in any good college.To get admission in GATE rank must be under 2000.Now a days PSUs are also recruiting so students who has rank upto 5000 can expect private colleges but they may not get scholarship.

Rank upto 1000-Then you have a chance to get admission in IITs or get a job in PSUs.

Rank from 1000 to 2000-Then you can expect to get admission in NITs

Rank from 2000 to 3000-you can expect to get admission in central govt universities or state level govt colleges where m.tech facility is available.

So you have to try again next time....Best of luck ..................
27th December 2012, 02:32 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I expect a seat in top colleges after scoring 14789 GATE rank?

Hello,

Your Gate rank is still low,as compared to different departments as in case of computer science and information technology,ECE,,they are bit competitive. You can apply for various private and semi private colleges like SRM, Satyabhama universtiy,IIIT bangalore etc.

Sometimes,it also depends on the trade which you pursue,for eg, civil engineering,you can get some good colleges in this rank.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?