8th October 2011, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?

Can i fill the form gate 2012,because i have backlogs in 6th semester,i have pass out batch 2006-2010,but this time i have not my provisional certificate.can i attached my self attested 7th semester & 8th semester mark sheets instead of provisional.

8th October 2011, 07:48 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?

You mentioned that you have completed your B.Tech course but still you have backlog in your 6th semester of B.Tech course.

With this criteria, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria for GATE Exam.
-One should have completed Bachelors degree in Engineering in order to be eligible for GATE Exam.
-Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation in Engineering are also eligible for this exam.
-Candidates who have completed Masters degree with any of the stream and even pursuing candidates of Masters degree are also eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

So, I suggest you to finish the backlogs as early as possible which makes you eligible to appear for GATE Exam.
8th October 2011, 09:07 AM
Masroorbhat

Default Re: Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i fill the form gate 2012,because i have backlogs in 6th semester,i have pass out batch 2006-2010,but this time i have not my provisional certificate.can i attached my self attested 7th semester & 8th semester mark sheets instead of provisional.
ya friend u can keep ur 7th/8th sem marks sheets if they r available, ifn't put a letter frm principle of ur college that u r completing ur degree in 2013
8th October 2011, 09:21 AM
jevirsinh

Hello

yes you eligible for GATE while you complete your B.Tech with backlog.
becuase GATE allow the candidates who pursuing final year are eligible for GATE and you are complete your B.Tech but you have one backlog means you are in final year.

good luck

here i attached GATE brochure of 2012..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gate_brochure2012.pdf(444.7 KB, 111 views)
8th October 2011, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for GATE exam:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

If you have pending backlog then you are not eligible for GATE exam.

There are no age criteria also there are no limitation for attempts for GATE exam.

Gate score is valid for two years.

All the best.
8th October 2011, 11:22 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You cannot apply for GATE exam having backlog after completing 4 years.You can apply for GATE exam after clearing the all the subject.

For more details,then click here
8th October 2011, 11:54 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
final year candidates are only eligible for writing the exam and so you can not apply this semester but you can apply next semester.
Regarding the backlogs you need to finish it before you complete your eight semester as you will be eligible to apply for the admission after completing your degree. so try to clear as soon as you can .
8th October 2011, 12:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, if you have already clear you back logs. and if you have got your clearance certificate/mark sheet, then you can appear in the gate 2012 exam.

>>if you yet have not got your original provisional certificate, then you can do one things like you can download your provisional certificate from your university official website.

>>then you can either do self attested or you can take attestation from your college authority.

and that copy you can send your gate office.

all the best............
8th October 2011, 04:34 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

"ELIGIBILITY OF GATE"

No diploma students are eligible to write GATE-2012.

No PRE-FINAL YEAR students are eligible to write GATE-2012.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

With Regards!!!!
Gaurav
8th October 2011, 07:45 PM
kinika

according to me, i think that you should first clea your backs and then apply for the gate exam
31st October 2011, 01:59 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

Eligibility for GATE exam;

You have to pass your bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture.Final year students are eligible for GATE exam.
Pre final year students are not eligible.
GATE score is valid for 2 years.

Good luck........
8th November 2011, 10:44 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?

GATE : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Eligibility Criteria :

1. You should be a graduate in Engineering or Architecture and must have completed your graduation.
2. Final year students can also apply.
3. No limits to the no. of attempts

But as you say, that you have finished your B tech and that it should happen that you match the criteria's. Just because you have backlogs in the 6th semester of your B Tech course, I suggest you to clear all the backlogs first.
You would face barriers at every step you take ahead in your career, if your graduation is not clear.

All the best

Regards
RJ
27th July 2013, 05:15 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

before you venture further.

why do you want to give GATE exam.

Since you have backlog in 6th semester, you cant give GATE.
Even if you give and clear it, you wont be able to take admission or job anywhere as you have not cleared backlog ( without clearing backlog, you wont be given graduation degree)

If the admission authority comes to know about this, you may be black listed.

all the best
11th August 2013, 08:07 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes,you can apply but you should submit previous year marks memo or a letter from your principal by indication that you have subjects yet to be cleared.
18th August 2013, 10:36 AM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Hello friend,
You are eligible for gate eventhough you have backlogs in you final year,But to fill application form you have get your marks memo or a letter from your principal indicating you have backlogs.Eventhough you are eligible to write this exam you can apply for MTech after you have clear your all backlogs in your BTech.
ALL THE BEST
9th October 2014, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my B.E. dsegree in full 8 years 2014 outputed but still 2 backlogs r there so in gate apptn form which year i will put in year of qualifying degree...............plzzzzzzzzz reply sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?