29th September 2016, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any NIT through lateral entry?

Sir my name is subham sahu a student in christ univesity bangalore. Here i am studying B.Tech mechanical first year. Can you please let me know if i can get admission in any Nit trough lateral entry in second year...sir please help me... [email protected]

29th September 2016, 08:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any NIT through lateral entry?

No, you can't get lateral entry admission in NIT after completion of your B.Tech first year. NITs does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.E/ B.Tech course. Except almost all the institutes which offers B.Tech course offers lateral entry admission to candidates who have completed three years Diploma course from a recognised institute. Only some colleges offer lateral entry admission to candidates who have completed B.Tech first year. So, if you are interested to pursue second year from NIT, it is not possible, so, I suggest you to pursue your B.Tech course from the same university where you completed first year of B.Tech course.
29th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in the National Institute of Technology in 2nd year.

Candidates are not eligible to get admission in IIT's, NIT's through lateral entry. So, if you want to get admission in NIT you have to appear for JEE Main examination which is conducted by CBSE every year.
29th September 2016, 09:32 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology. As per my knowledge, no you are not eligible to get admission in any NIT through lateral entry because IIT and NIT does not offer direct admission in second years on the basis of LEET examination.

The name of best college for you in which you can apply for direct second year are given below.

1. DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

2. Government College of Engineering,Pune.

3. Punjabi University,Patiala.

4. Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

5. Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.
29th September 2016, 09:34 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir my name is subham sahu a student in christ univesity bangalore. Here i am studying B.Tech mechanical first year. Can you please let me know if i can get admission in any Nit trough lateral entry in second year...sir please help me... [email protected]
Admission into NIT, IIT, IIIT through lateral entry admission is not permitted.

To get admission into these prestigious institutes, you will have to qualify JEE Main entrance exam.

If you wish to get admission in these institutes, then better you first complete your graduation through your current institution.

Then, qualify GATE exam to get admission into M.Tech programme or direct PhD. programme into these institutes.
29th September 2016, 11:25 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No,you can not get lateral entry admission in National Insitute of Technology in the second year. NIT and Indian Institute of Technology does not offers lateral entry program. Therefore you can not get lateral entry in NIT.

To get admission in this institute you need to crack the IIT JEE entrance examination and then you will get admission in to the first year of degree program.
30th September 2016, 12:08 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, candidates are not eligible to get admission in the 2nd year of the B.tech course in NIT.

So, you cannot change your college from Christ university Bangalore to NIT. NIT stands for National Institute of Technology. The admission in the institute is offered only in the first year and after qualifying in JEE Main examination.

So, you are not eligible for admission through lateral entry in 2nd year.
30th September 2016, 11:15 PM
Madison.

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT through Lateral Entry.Lateral Entry is for the candidates who have pursued a Diploma course in any of the engineering stream but you do not have any Diploma certificate.

Moreover the colleges like IITs and NITs do not permit lateral entry. For getting admission in NIT colleges you need to clear the JEE Main Entrance Exam which is conducted y the CBSE every year. Once you clear the exam, you will get admission as per your scored rank.

However since you are already pursuing B.Tech it will be better if you complete your B.Tech from that same college and then apply for GATE for M.Tech. If you are able to get a good rank in GATE you will get admission in NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?