2nd March 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission for BCA if I am a commerce student? I don't have maths

I am a commerce student n I don't have maths can I get admission in BCA

8th April 2015, 02:29 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for BCA if I am a commerce student? I don't have maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BCA (Bachelor of Computer application) is a 3 year degree course and to get admission in this course you must have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths or computer as a compulsory subject. If you have not studied maths in your intermediate examination, then do not worry, you can also get admission if you have studied computer science in your Intermediate examination.

Some reputed colleges will ask Maths as a compulsory subject in 12th examination and also you have to crack the entrance test.

To get admission into Amity University, you just need to study either maths or computer science in your 10+2 examination.

If you aim to take admission in Delhi University, then you have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum 60 percent marks and mathematics as a compulsory subject.

As you see that the eligibility criteria are vary from colleges to colleges. Its better to contact the college directly or visit the official website of the college in which you want to take admission.

You can get direct admission in BCA in most of the colleges, but the admission in a reputed college based on entrance test and marks you scored in your intermediate examination. BCA is a good course, if you want to make your career in programming field / website field / testing field, etc. After this course you are eligible for MCA to learn more about computer application.

Computer / Maths is one of the compulsory subjects to get admission in BCA course, you have to study any one of the subjects in your 12th examination.
8th April 2015, 10:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission for BCA if I am a commerce student? I don't have maths

Quote:

BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application), this is a undergraduate course and this course is of a duration of 3 years consisting of 6 semester. To get admission in BCA there are eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied.

The candidate applying for the course should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with mathematics as subject. But in the case of yours, you are not eligible as you have not studied maths which makes you ineligible for joining in BCA course.
9th April 2015, 06:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?