15th September 2015, 12:48 PM
Gopa Dutta

Can I get admission into PhD under NSOU? How can I get admission?

I am M.A in English from karnataka state open university Mysore with 55% marks. Can I get admission into P.HD under NSOU. and how...?

15th September 2015, 03:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission into PhD under NSOU? How can I get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopa Dutta View Post
I am M.A in English from karnataka state open university Mysore with 55% marks. Can I get admission into P.HD under NSOU. and how...?
You have completed M.A in English from KSOU so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
15th September 2015, 03:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopa Dutta View Post
Eligibility Criteria

Candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D programe, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks/grade point average as indicated below:

- The required minimum qualification for Ph.D programme shall normally be a Master degree or M.Phil degree from recognized university in the relevant field. She must have obtained 50% marks in M.phil degree or 55% marks in Master's degree.

How to apply for Ph.D programme:

Candidate need to apply online and submit the filled application form along with Demand Draft (application form fee)amount to be payed in the name of Netaji Subash Open University. You have submit the form and all the relevant documents to the NSOU campus by post or by hand which ever is applicable for you.

Exemption from written examination : Candidates who have cleared the NET/SET/JRF/LS OF UGC/CSIR/etc in the last 2 years, shall be exempted from the entrance examination. They will however be required to appear for personal Interview.

Since you have completed your Master degree then in order to get admission you have to sit for entrance exam and also the interview round too. Clearing both the round will lead you to get admission in a Ph.D programme under NSOU.

For more details log on to : www.wbnsou.ac.in/
11th October 2017, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Now I am a student of B.Ed student of session 20016-2018.Am I eligible to take admission M.A in Education of 2018-2020 session.
7th February 2019, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

I want to do Ph.d from NSOU. l have completed my postgraduation with 58%.how to qualify in their pH.d course

A.Mukherjee
11th June 2019, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

I AM PIJUSH KANTI MONDAL I HAVE COMLETED M.Ed COURSE FROM WBUT TEPA WITH 73%MARKS. I WANTS TO DO M.Phil COURSE IN EDUCATION FROM NSOU 2019?
29th October 2019, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I want ph.d education subject from netaji subash open university. Please imidiate help me
31st October 2019, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I want to admit Ph. d in bengali in NSOU, What is the process the admission please tell me.
18th November 2019, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I want in phd in education nsou. plz immediate information me sir or madam
9th March 2020, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MSW from NSOU and qualified NTA NET. Is it possible to do PHD programme.?
2nd April 2020, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I am Sahadev Dolui I have completed MSW from NSOU with 58% and qualified NTA NET in 2019 December. Can I get admission in PHD course. Please tell me ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?