30th July 2012, 12:20 AM
Arfat Solkar

Can I get admission in Marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 73%

can we get a admission in marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 73%?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  2. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  3. After diploma in mechanical engineering can I take admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering? Marks required in final year diploma for admission in Marine? Names of colleges in Maharashtra?
  4. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  5. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  6. Can I get admission in B.Tech marine engineering after completing diploma
  7. How to study marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. How can I get admitted in marine engineering after completing Mechanical Engineering
  9. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  10. Eligibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of institutes in India?
  11. Can I get admission in marine engineering after studying diploma in electronics and video engineering
  12. Can I do marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  14. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering? -- [New]
  15. Can I take admission in marine exam after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. What are the vacancies for diploma holders in marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am interested in marine engineering
  17. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I get admission in Marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 73%
30th July 2012, 03:05 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in Marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 73%

Hi,
Your overall mark is good so, you easily get admission in Marine engineering

Eligiblity for Marine engineering

Unmarried candidates of less than 25 years of age

Academic Qualifications:

The candidate must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:

at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and
at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.

here are top marine engneering college-

Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai

International Maritime Institute (IMI)

Vels Academy of Maritime Studies

B.P. Marine Academy
30th July 2012, 06:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering with 73%

You are definitely eligible to pursue Marine Engineering after completing diploma in Engineering. There are several universities that give lateral entry to the diploma students. There is some misinformation about the Marine Engineering that there is no lateral entry, which is not true.

There are certain criteria that you would have to meet in order to get admission for Marine Engineering. Today Marine Engineering is a very good choice for career. As you may know that despite the rail, air and other means of transportation around 80 percent of the goods transportation between two countries is done through sea. Whether its oil, automobile parts, chemicals etc, all these can be transported through sea only. This is the reason why Marine Engineers are in huge demand today.

The Marine Engineer is responsible for the technical management of a ship. The responsibility include maintaining steam turbines, engines, gas, engine room etc. There are plenty of jobs for the Marine Engineers. Alternatively you can choose Merchant navy as the profession after B.Tech in Marine Engineering. The option is yours to decide.

ELIGIBILITY

1. You should complete 10+2 with PCM as the subjects.

2. You need to secure at least 60 percent marks in 12th board.

3. Alternatively candidates who have completed diploma in Engineering in subjects like Mechanical/ Electrical/ Marine can get entry via lateral entry scheme.

4. You need to score at least 55 percent marks in the final year of diploma course. However this rule varies from university to university.

Those who have completed 10+2 would require to appear in entrace exams such as:

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

BITSAT

Those who want admission via lateral entry scheme can either apply directly to the universities. Each college reserve some seats for the lateral entry scheme and most colleges give direct admission. However some require you to appear in entrance exam called LEET. Depending on your performance in LEET exam, you would get admission via lateral entry.

Some colleges that give lateral entry in Marine Engineering course:

Jawaharlal Institute of Technology

Parks College of Engineering and Technology

Coimbatore Marine College

Coimbatore Institute of Technology

Karpagam College of Engineering

Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology

Shri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology
30th July 2012, 09:01 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,Your overall mark is good so, you easily get admission in Marine engineering
Eligiblity for Marine engineering
Unmarried candidates of less than 25 years of age
Academic Qualifications:
The candidate must have successfullycompleted the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and
at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
here are top marine engneering college-
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
International Maritime Institute (IMI)
Vels Academy of Maritime Studies
B.P. Marine Academy.
1st August 2012, 12:17 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Hi...!!!

-->your overall rank is good,you can easily get admission in marine engineering.

-->eligibility criteria:-

*unmarried candidates less than 25 years old.

*academic qualification:-

-candidate must have completed +2 from recognized board.

-marks should be atleast 60% in pcm.

-50% in english

--->following are some top marine engineering colleges:-

*tmi(tolani maritime institute)

*samundra institute of maritime studies.

*samundra institute of maritime studies-mumbai

*international marine institute.

*vels academy of maritime institute

*b.p marine academy

*samundra institute of maritime studies.

All the best....go ahead!!!
2nd August 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have complited diploma in electrical by 73% marks. Am i able to join marine engineering? Is there ay entrance exam?
7th August 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i want to take admission in marine engineering,please tell me about it. it's future also.
I have got 62% in intermediate.
Goutam kumar
16th August 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed in diploma mechanical in 2011 percentage of marks 85% age is 27 which course study to immediate job tell me sir ple.............
30th September 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage requirement for diploma in mechanical eng. in getting admission in marine eng.
16th November 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

can i admission in marine in after cmplision diploma in electrical engg.
28th December 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

according to the new pattern for entrance for engineering which exam should a student should appear in order to get admission for marine engineering???plz help
16th January 2013, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

can i join marine engg with 45% marks in phys, chem, math?
11th March 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I done my BE mech degree on 2004 and is that possible to get it to Shipping industries as a engineer.

PLease advise.
6th June 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed diploma in civil engineer with 53% can i get admission in marine engineering seat and where is college available in andhra pradesh send to my mail id [email protected]
11th July 2013, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission in marine engineering after completing diploma in production technology??
8th October 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Can i do marine engineering after finishing my Deploma in automobile
23rd October 2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission for B.Tech after completing diploma at the age of 27?
23rd October 2013, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission for B.Tech after completing diploma at the age of 27?
30th May 2014, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

hello sir I dushyanth , how can I admit after diploma mechanical wid 86% ..and plz discuss how to join marain enge ..... is their any entrances exam ....and plz send me answer to my gmail plz my dream is become a marain engineer ...([email protected]) I'll wait 4 u r mail sir
16th June 2014, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in Marine engineering after completing diploma in Aeronautical engineering ?
28th June 2014, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

can we get admission to automobile engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering
28th February 2015, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I pass three year diploma course in civil engineering, can I join marine engineering,.
Sir, please reply me,
.....am waiting
11th June 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in Marine engineering after completion diploma in civil engineering with 64%
21st July 2018, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

What is syllabus for diploma students for entrance exam of marine engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?