23rd August 2012, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I get NIFT after doing 12th in the same year?

i m a boy .have done 12 in same yr ,can i get the nift as a fashion dishing?

23rd August 2012, 10:10 AM
jayks

Default Re: Can I get NIFT after doing 12th in the same year?

Hello

Yes off course you can do NIFT after 12th
(NIFT) stand for National Institute of Fashion Technology

ELIGIBILITY FOR BACHELOR COURSES IN DESIGN
B.Des. (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)

The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.

ELIGIBILITY FOR BACHELOR PROGRAMME IN TECHNOLOGY
B.FTech. (Apparel Production) The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
23rd August 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

please tell me about fashion designing PG courses best institute...
23rd August 2012, 02:30 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a boy .have done 12 in same yr ,can i get the nift as a fashion dishing?

NIFT Exam Details:
  • A common entrance test is conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) for those students who are seeking admission to bachelor's program and master's program. If you are fashion conscious and keep yourself updated about everything new and fashionable in town, love to read fashion magazines then this is just the right career option for you. Usually this exam is conducted during the month of February.

For those who wants to do bachelor's degree following are some of the courses you can opt for:
  • Fashion Design
  • Leather Design
  • Accessory Design
  • Textile Design
  • Knitwear Design
  • Fashion Communication
  • Fashion Technology
  • The eligibility criteria for Bachelor's degree in design under which the first six courses mentioned in the above list comes can be done if you have passed higher secondary examination of any recognized board or institution. The stream is not of any concern here.
  • If you have completed a three or four years' diploma degree from a recognized AICTE approved institution or Sate Board of Technical Education then also count yourself in.
  • For the last course or the bachelor's degree in fashion technology you need to pass higher secondary examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
  • You need to have the above mentioned subject combination at 10+2 level as that is the main important criteria here. Even diploma candidates too in this case are also eligible provided you do that from a recognized institution.
  • As far as the written examination is concerned you have to go through two stages of selection if you are doing bachelor's program in design. It includes:

1.General Ability Test (GAT)

2.Creative Ability Test (CAT)
  • For those opting for bachelor's program in fashion technology they have to go through the following stages of selection:

1.General Ability Test (GAT)

2.Managerial Ability Test (MAT)
  • For the written examination or GAT as it is commonly known as you can expect questions from the following sections:

>>Quantitative Ability
>>Communication Ability
>>English Comprehension
>>Business Domain Test
>>Analytical Ability
  • In the creative ability test generally your creative spontaneity will be on the spot. Your creative talent, innovation, observational power all will be thoroughly checked and scrutinized. While in the managerial aptitude test your managerial capacity and your effectiveness and skills will be tested and this exam will have questions from the following sections: Business Domain Test and Logical Ability. You may also have to do a case study.
  • Generally the written examination will have objective type of questions and there is negative marking too. Which means for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from your original score.
  • It is to remember that the written examination is not the final criteria here. As after the exam you may have to go through some other tests like situation test. Then there is the group discussion and personal interview session to go through as well.

List of NIFT Exam Books:

Study Package for NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam 2013
by Dharmendra Mittal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Guide To NIFT/NID For For Groups A, B And C
by R. P. Datson, B. L. Sadna, S. L. Gulati
Publisher: New Light Publishers

NIFT NID/IIFT Admission Test (With Special Colour Supplement)
by Surendra Kavimandan
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Career's Guide NIFT
by Sonia Sahney
Publisher: Bright Publications

NIFT National Intrance Exam
by Verma (Paperback)
Publisher: Asian Books

Official Website: http://www.nift.ac.in/

Hope this helps :-> :->
9th April 2013, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

can i get detailed information about nift under graduation courses
30th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

can a student of non maths join nift if he /she is creative........
26th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i am in 1 what i have to do to join nift academy pls tell...................
5th April 2014, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

IFAILED TO ATTEND THE ENTRANCE EXAM IN NIFT CAN I STUDY THIS YEAR IN NIFT
14th May 2014, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

can i get nift in 12h class?i am a art's student,how much % i have to bring for doing nift????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?