31st July 2013, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I get NIT or IIT for PG after getting good marks in GATE

i have my aggregate 59% in BE. Can i get nit or iit for pg after getting good marks in gate.. I am in 4TH YEAR..

30th April 2015, 05:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get NIT or IIT for PG after getting good marks in GATE

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This entrance is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology every year for all aspirants who want to do master's degree in technology from top engineering institutes of India.

GATE is online computer based test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks. Questions are from your core stream of engineering and aptitude.

Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree in technology or engineering can apply for the exam. The notification for GATE exam is released in October of every year.

There is no limit on number of attempts in this exam.

Yes, why not you can definitely get Indian Institute of technology or National institute of Technology for pursuing M.Tech in your desired stream if you score well in GATE exam.

But to be very frank here, only those candidates are able to get admission in IIT or NIT whose rank is in top 2000( approximate), it may vary from category to category.

So, prepare well for the exams, brush up your concepts of every subjects and practice problems as much as possible.

You can even join good coaching institute like Made Easy for better preparation. You can join classroom or weekend course. The performance in test series will surely boost up your confidence. Labour hard with determination as much as possible.

If you achieve top rank in GATE exam, you may be called for group discussion and interview from top Public Sector Undertakings for getting job in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?