2nd December 2010, 01:01 PM
hrushi

Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?

i'm a b tech ece final year student with 60% , i'm trying for government jobs , it may take at least 1 year for me to get a government job ,if i do not get a job with in 1 year can i get a software job, will this 1 year gap effect to get a job in software field

10th April 2011, 12:56 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?

hii, surely you will comapnies will allow you to write exams please try tp register in naukri.com,monster.com best of luck.
4th June 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?

actu8ally ihave to complete btech in 2010 but due to back log completed btech in 2011.so which type of inter views can i attend if company ask for 2010 pass out or 2011 pass out?
5th June 2011, 12:14 PM
amit gaur054

surely, you can get a software job,after one year break. The company will also allow you to join it, if you have a talented person for impress a interviewer,then u get a good job.
So remember this first impression is last impression
5th June 2011, 06:47 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrushi View Post
i'm a b tech ece final year student with 60% , i'm trying for government jobs , it may take at least 1 year for me to get a government job ,if i do not get a job with in 1 year can i get a software job, will this 1 year gap effect to get a job in software field
Yes you can apply for software company at any time of your life..
But there may be difficulty in start to get in MNC..as they must be asking the first question to you is what you have done in past one year..but that not a big deal if you have the talent and matches with their requirement then definitely you can get job..

In software there is no age limit like government job but it requires a hardwork and dedication to work..so give your best to what you are doing and you will get best..
5th June 2011, 06:57 PM
miiky

Obviously you can get a job. But you have to face the first question is that what you have done in past one year. But that not a big deal if you have talent and matches with their requirement then definitely you can get a job.
In MNC you can get a job in any time of your life.So don't worry
BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
5th June 2011, 08:09 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, yes you can get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE.

it is very essay to get software jobs than other core jobs.

but to grab this software jobs you have to know some basic programming language.

so if you can make good knowledge then you can get a jobs in software industry easily.

all the best.......
5th June 2011, 09:48 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
yes you can apply in campus interview for software job
but after B.TECH you have not so much facility to getting software job..

because after B.TECH most company require only cse and IT student for this job
So n your college level you try for this....
GOOD LUCK.........
5th June 2011, 10:08 PM
Satyam-Mishra

Well, I would say if you have talent in you then no-one can stop you in getting to the right place.

If you think that it might take you one year in finding a govt job, then try for something part time work in this time. Your part time work will not just help you utilize your time but also will made you unfearable in front of software companies which you want to join.
Plus it will enhance your work experience.
5th June 2011, 10:30 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend your questin is right.Here if you have gap one year after completed your b.tech course you will get job it dependence upon the your talent.Right now you have a well talent you can followthis talent defenitly you will get job.The job is not depend upon the how much talent you have not depend upon the when the student completed b.tech.If you want get job after one year you need to update latest technology
5th June 2011, 10:34 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrushi View Post
-->You don't need to worry about that Gap Period, Since Every software company will give two year Gap for all Graduate Student

-->you concentrate much in Government Job, Since you have lot of interest in Government Job, but lot of hard work is needed to pass the Written Exam and Interview

-->Plan your Studies and go accordingly, side by side Cover Aptitude,General English and Current Affairs

-->Since you finished B.Tech ECE you have lot of Government Company like BSNL,NFL,DRDO,CPCL,ISRO,IOCL,ONGC Etc......

-->Have positive confident that i will get Government Job with in One year, prepare well and Concentrate

God Bless you,Best of luck

-->Rakesh-->
19th July 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

hi friends i complete be ece 2010 batch i did not get job so now i plan to join oracle.what im problem is, if i study oracle i get a job or not.not means plz help me which i going to join to get a job in software field.
21st July 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

list out what are mnc give the chance to get a job for b.tech(IT) 2010 passed out
14th September 2011, 04:00 PM
saugata2008

A one year's gap is allowable to most of the companies like -
TCS
CTS
Wipro
Infosys

So don't worry about that gap .

With your 60% marks you can apply for the Govt sectors like -
ISRO
BHEL
BSNL
SAIL
DRDO
NTPC

Thank you
9th November 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

I have 3.4 years experience in mainframe technologies having worked with top MNC company.Now i have taken almost 18 months break,will i get a job again?
10th November 2011, 01:02 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

I must say that though you do not belong to the computer or IT background, but still since you are a B.Tech in ECE, you can apply for software jobs.

But let me make some points clear to you.

1. You are a B.Tech ECE, so the first thing people would ask you is why are you wanting to change your core area. Be prepared with a proper answer, but not lame.

2. I don't know if you have undergone any special training, or if you studied computers in your HS even or not, but remember programming cannot be learnt in a day.

3. If not, then you have to take up courses like C, C++, Core Java and Advanced java before you can even think of entering the software development field.

4. You would need some experience, or you would be considered as a total fresher in the industry. So gain some practice by yourself, and then apply to the companies you want to go into.

All the best.

Regards
~RJ~
24th November 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my betch in 2009 computer sciencewith 58 % i have 2 years gape what will i do plz tell me
14th January 2012, 06:39 AM
senthilkumarvm

hi my dear friend... you are asking about after completing your degree, how to get IT job..

friend.. you have 1 year gap between your studies.. no problem my dear friend.. because some of the MNC companies allow maximum of 2 year gap between your studies..

so don't feel for this.. but you should complete the following to get job

1.apptitude test
2.technical skills
3.final HR

All The Best VMS-AJH
13th December 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

hi,I did my b.tech in the year of 2008.due to some personal problems I did n't try better to get a job in sotware field. so that reason only I got 4 years gap .now I want to enter software field. can i get a software job?I did testing. and I updated my skils also....now what to do to get a job???
1st March 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

hi,i did my btech in the year 2011(ECE) with 72% ,as i was not interested in software field..i didn't try a job in it and wrote so many govt. exams but not get a job.. due to financial problems now i want to work in s/w field..& have a gap more than 1 year. i learned dotnet..also.. could pls suggest me how to get job soon & what to do?
3rd October 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

hiiii i have i yr gap after b.tech i am chemical engg..... what will be the best reason to describe the gap yr to hr..........
3rd October 2013, 02:45 PM
vedunitsri

hiii
i am b.tech in chemical engg i have 1 yr gap after b.tech please tell me what will be the best reason for describing gap yr to hr or interviwer
3rd January 2014, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

hi im 2011 btech ece graduate,i tried for govt jobs since then but couldnot clear any later i did Oracle dba but that of no use now i have a gap of almost 3yrs what should i do..plz help me out on this i need serious suggestions from u all thank you
24th July 2014, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

can I get Job in Software Companies in testing with five year gap after completing mca
13th February 2015, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I'm a student gng to complete my final yr in B.sc ( science) am I eligible to get a job in IT management side that is like HR? If so can u please suggest me some courses to get eligibility for these type of jobs.
10th November 2017, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I am an BE CSE 2015 passouts . 1 year i worked in bpo. now Currently (2017) working as eCommerce erp analyst or business analyst or back office for 6 months.i wanted my carrer in software erp / business analyst .current job is nothing much related in software, what i need to prepare to get ready,how i need to step further.then i know is that possible to get a job in software industry (erp or business analyst)..because i have two years career back.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?