28th February 2018, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I get some marks based on step marking scheme when I have not fully completed the sum in Maths exam?

Yesterday it was my maths exam & I was not able to complete the paper. I was not able to complete one sum but I did it half. Can I get some marks based on step marking scheme?

3rd March 2018, 06:13 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get some marks based on step marking scheme when I have not fully completed the sum in Maths exam?

Step marking is given in most of the Boards to the candidates who fail to solve a numerical problem completely.

In this case, candidate is rewarded marks upto the correct steps he had written on the marksheet.

In CBSE and ISC Board, step marking is strictly followed in the subject of Mathematics.

However, in some state boards, step marking is not followed.
3rd March 2018, 08:33 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get some marks based on step marking scheme when I have not fully completed the sum in Maths exam?

There is provision of step marking in board examination.

You will definitely get some marks for steps even if you have not written the final answer.

Evaluators are given answer sheets with marks alloted for each step.
3rd March 2018, 09:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, CBSE and other regional board have different marking pattern.

But, do they give the candidates mark if they have solved the problem or attempted it in a correct manner.

So, do not worry if you are half correct, you are eligible to get the marks.
3rd March 2018, 11:13 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look it depends on teacher that what is their strategy in checking copies.
But there is more possibility that if you have solved half of the sum and it is true then you got at least half marks.
As for example- if a question is of 6 marks and you have solved half of that sum correctly then you get at least 2 or 3 marks for that answer.
So no need of worry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?