18th May 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get step marking in Mathematics of 10th ICSE Board exam?

Hello everyone,
Kindly let me know the valuation methodology
for Mathematics ICSE class 10 Board exam. I would like to know whether marks are given based on stepwise procedure followed and only for correct final answer? Kindly help

21st May 2015, 02:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get step marking in Mathematics of 10th ICSE Board exam?

Look dear, in ICSE board the marks allotted in Mathematics is done in such a way that if you have done the sums in the correct format and in the proper way but by mistake or by miscalculation you have written the wrong answer, than by seeing the steps of your sums calculation, you will be provided some marks, decided by the examiner(only if more than half of the steps are right). And eventually if your answer is also correct , than you will probably get full marks.

25th June 2015, 01:08 PM
Agnihotri007

The evaluation in ICSE is based on the step marking.
If you have solved the problem with the right method but you have done some calculation mistakes then on the basis of your correct approach you will be given some marks but not the full marks.

The maximum marks are divided as 80% external and 20% internal.
In case a wrong question comes in the question paper then by just attempting it you can get full marks assigned for that question.

Remember that marks will not be awarded if you have not attempted the question.

25th June 2015, 07:12 PM
reconnect

The pattern of checking the papers is depend upon Step marking procedure. The marks are given on the basis of steps.

If you attend the complete question correctly then, you will get full marks and if you do the question correctly but due to the some calculation mistake if some steps of your answer is wrong then, you will get the marks for the correct steps only.

For example- If there is a question of 5 marks and you solved it up to 3 to 4 steps and write the correct formula required to solve the question then, you will get 3 marks in it.

Sometimes, For a 5 marks question the student get 1 marks, If he only writes the correct formula for the question.

If you simply copy the question then you will not get any marks for it.
If there is any wrong question in the question paper and you attempted it then, you will get the full marks.

So, don't worry you will definitely get the step marks for each question.

26th June 2015, 05:52 PM
krroshan.amar

I had same query while i was appearing in the ICSE board exam for maths paper in year 2012. And the answer is YES.

Both ICSE as well as CBSE go for step marking in all papers. Every board whether its ICSE or CBSE follow step marking procedure. For every step performed there is specified amount of mark is awarded. So if your final answer is wrong but if steps performed are correct then a very small percentage will be deducted and you will be getting almost full marks.

So it would be my request that try to attempt as much question as possible and try to solve it upto two or three step. If possible solve it completely don't bother about the final answer. If you follow this process then i can assure you that you can fetch very good marks in the exam.

25th February 2016, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Can we get marks for attempting questions in I.C.S.E. Board Xth Exam ??? Though the answer is wrong or incorrect.

14th March 2016, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Today I gave my ICSE mathematics paper and I cannot do three sums.I am sure that I will not get any marks in that question but the other is of trigonometric evaluation which I did almost 80% correct and the other one is of compound interest which I did 60-70%,will I really get marks for it?One contains 4 and the other one 3

9th September 2017, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I had written the given elements correctly but my answer and the procedure was wrong so I should get some marks for it or not

20th February 2018, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Can i get step marking if the ultimate answer is wrong but the starting steps are correct ?

28th February 2018, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

Yesterday I had given my icse maths exam, one answer for a question I have written correctly but at the time of rechecking I wrote it wrong but my procedure is completely correct .Then, How much mark shall I get? If it's a 2 mark question

28th February 2018, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I get step marking in proving even if I fail to prove but from top my method was correct icsce 10 mathematics

1st March 2018, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

What are the methods of drawing histogram that is accepted in ICSE board STD 10

8th March 2019, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

If I write the formula of first part of the question wrong and correctly done the next part formula then how many marks will I get out of 4?

8th March 2019, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I get step marking in mathematics of 10th icse 2019 board exam ? For example the question contains 3 marks and i have just written wrong in the last line of the answer . Can you please tell what marks should i get in the answer?

9th March 2019, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Yesterday I gave my maths paper and I have attempted 10 11 questions of 3 and 4 marks but in 4 to 5 questions I have written the formula and steps can I get marks for that and if yes then how much

9th March 2019, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get marks if my final answer is not correct due some calculation mistake....like in place of 47.32 m...I have written 46.32m...so this question was of 4 marks...my all procedures were right...so how much marks will deduct????

29th December 2021, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

May I know how the step marks are alloted for mensuration in class 10 of ICSE board

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?