9th September 2012, 01:40 PM
singrai bodra

Can I go for engineering after graduation with Physics Honors?

can i go for engineering after graduation with physics honor

5th November 2012, 04:05 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I go for engineering after graduation with Physics Honors?

If you have completed your graduation with 10+2+3 years module and if you had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in 10+2, you can pursue engineering. If you want, you can take admission in B.Tech as well as M.Tech programs both. You must get more than 55% aggregate marks in bachelors to be eligible to apply for admission in reputed and recognized college/universities.
5th November 2012, 10:15 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........
If you have completed your graduation in science stream then you can go for engineering course , but in my opinion as you have completed your graduation in physics hon's .
I am providing you the list of course from which you can choose better for your future:

Good luck...............
6th November 2012, 05:21 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for the Engineering course after completing B.Sc in Physics. There is a way for diploma and Bachelor of Science graduates to take admission for the B.Tech course.

This procedure is called lateral entry scheme. This is made available for the B.Sc students so they can also have good career options. In recent years the value of Bachelor of Science course has dropped that lead to the decision to allow B.Sc students to take admission for B.Tech.

However candidates must have completed graduation before they can apply for Engineering. You can apply for Engineering in relevant stream to your b.Sc course. Lateral Entry Scheme allows candidates to take admission in th second year of B.Tech.

This essentially makes B.Tech a 3 years course for the lateral entry students. You will have to take admission through lateral entry which is offered by almost all the universities with exception of IITs and NITs.

The admission procedure is also different. You are not suppose to appear for IIT-JEE or other engineering entrance exam. Instead you should appear for LEET entrance exam which is specifically for the lateral entry scheme.

After you clear the exam, you can take admisison in Engineering college. There are some colleges that will also offer you direct admission on the merit. Some even conducts their own entrance exam.

You must have scored 50/60 percent marks in Bachelor of Science to be eligible for the lateral entry scheme for Engineering.
8th June 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

After graduation in physics can i apply M.Tech admission???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?