30th June 2022, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for MSc in maths after completing BSc in economics?

I have economics honours and mathematics generic. Can I go for MSc in maths after completing BSc in economics?

30th June 2022, 05:52 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Can I go for MSc in maths after completing BSc in economics?

Eligibility:

1. You should have passed BSc (Mathematics) or BSc (Mathematics with Computer Science Applications) or any other relevant degree with Mathematics and English as main subject.

2. Secured minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (Varies from University to University).

3. Some institutes also consider BE/BTech qualified candidates.
Few universities allow admission in the postgraduate course on the merit basis and some institutes through the merit basis.
30th June 2022, 07:36 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Yes. The candidate is eligible to apply for MSc in math after completing a BSc in economics.
Quantitative finance or financial mathematics should not be challenging, but entering the world of pure or applied math could be challenging.
30th June 2022, 07:39 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No. The basic eligibility for an MSc (Mathematics) is to have Mathematics as a major subject in your graduation level. On the other hand, the only thing named as Maths in BSc (Economics) is Elementary Mathematics* and that is not enough for the eligibility to MSc (Mathematics).
30th June 2022, 09:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in the M.Sc Mathematics course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with Mathematics and English as main paper.

So, if you possess the required qualification then eligible to appear for the examination to get admission in M.Sc Mathematics course.
1st July 2022, 09:06 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You cannot do MSc in Maths after completing of BSc from Economics.

You are not eligible or MSc in Maths.

Only BSc Maths student can be do MSc from Maths.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.
1st July 2022, 09:28 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for MSc in mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc in mathematics from a recognise University are eligible for MSc in mathematics.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.
1st July 2022, 11:14 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

If you have Mathematics as main subject in the B.Sc course, you are good to go. The minimum eligibility required for M.Sc course is:

A candidate must pass B.Sc (Mathematics) or B.Sc (Mathematics and Computer Application).
A candidate must pass equivalent degree with Mathematics as main subject in the course.
A candidate must secure 60% of marks in degree course (Vary from university to university).

Most of the colleges/universities consider merit based system to offer admission while some consider entrance exam.
2nd July 2022, 12:56 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility for MSc maths is thatthe candidate must have studied mathematics as a major subject in their graduation .
Thus if you have studied maths as one of the subject in bachelor's and it's not a simple elementary maths , than you are eligible.
And if you haven't studied maths in your bachelor program , than you are not eligible.
2nd July 2022, 12:56 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes you can go for M.Sc in Mathematics as you have completed B.Sc(economics) with mathematics as primary subject. The minimum qualification required for M.Sc(Mathematics) is a candidate must pass B.Sc in Mathematics or equivalent degree course with Maths as a primary subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?