9th September 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force if i have spectacles?

i have spectacles, so can i join air force?...please tell me whether can i join it

9th September 2012, 06:26 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Air Force if i have spectacles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have spectacles, so can i join air force?...please tell me whether can i join it
NDA Stands for National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .

NDA Air force Eligibility :-

You must have a passed your 10+2 with physics , chemistry and mathematics as subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required for this examination . Those who are appearing in the final year of 12th exam may also eligible to apply .

You must have a 16.5 years - 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply . You must be Citizen of India .

NDA Application forms will be available in the month of December in the official website .

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .

CDS Air force Eligibility :-

You must have a passed your graduate degree with physics and mathematics as subjects at 12th exam from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required for this examination . Those who are appearing in the final year of degree exam may also eligible to apply .

You must have a 19 years - 23 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply . You must be Citizen of India .

For Indian Air force Exam :-

Minimum Distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other , correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia , Colour vision CP-1 , Hypermetropia: +2.0 D Sph Manifest Myopia: Nil , Retinoscopic Myopia: -0.5 in any Meridian permitted , Astigmatism: +0.75 D Cyl (within +2.0 D-Max) .

Physical Standards ::
  • Physically and Mentally fit while appearing for this examination .
  • Acceptable height is 157.5 cms with correlated weight .
  • Acceptable Height is 162.5 cms for Indian Air force .
  • Chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms.
  • The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.

www.upsc.gov.in
9th September 2012, 01:53 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are aspiring to join Indian Air Force you have to apply for NDA exam.
NDA stands for National Defense Academy and this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in Every year.
There are mainly two exam called NDA-I and NDA-II in month of June and December Respectively.....

This Exam is Conducted in Three wings:

1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air Force

Eligibility and Criteria For NDA:

>> A candidate should have completed their 12th with at least 60% (With the subject Physics, Chemistry and Maths) from recognized board.

>> Age limit should be between 16.5-19 years.

>> A Candidate must have Nationality of India.

>> Only Unmarried male are Eligible.

INDIAN AIR FORCE

If you are in B.E/B.Tech or you have completed it then you also can join Indian Air Force by Applying IAF (Indian Air Force) exam.

The age Limit for this is 21-30 years for general category. there is a relaxation is available for Reserved Category.

for more information please visit at : http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd July 2013, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

if i wear specs and by doing leaser operation than can i join indian air force ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?