30th September 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

my name is sunil kumar pramanik and

i am in 10 class and i want to join indian army but imy age is now 17 yrs if ill joint cds .. than what be there functional rate

1st October 2011, 04:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

i am in 10 class and i want to join indian army but imy age is now 17 yrs if ill joint cds .. than what be there functional rate

No, You are Not eligible for CDS and NDA Examination, because you have Not fulfill the educational Qualification Eligiblity OR Age Eligiblity.

CDS : Combined Defense Services examination.

And To apply for CDS Examination, you need to complete your Graduate degree course and You must have attained the age of 19 Years. Eligible candidates may apply for any One of the Academy -

>> IMA (Indian Military Academy)- Your age should between 19 to 24 years and you must have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

>> OTA (Officers Training Academy) - Your age should between 19 to 25 years and you must have completed your Graduation in any discipline.

>> Naval Academy - Your age should between 19 to 22 years and you have completed your B.sc degree course OR Engineering course with maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects.

>> Air Force Academy - Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years are eligible and you must have completed your B.Sc course or engineering course of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics compulsory subjects.

You are also not eligible for NDA Examination because for NDA, You must have completed OR Pursuing your 12Th examination form a recognised board.

So You are Neither eligible for CDS Examination or Not eligible for NDA Examination.

And For More Information check the Official website of UPSC -

http://upsc.gov.in
1st October 2011, 05:35 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:

Age limit: In 2011 as per age limits is, Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1988 and not later than 01-07-1993 only are eligible for the post of Indian Military Academy (IMA), Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1990 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Indian Naval Academy, Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1989 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Air Force Academy, Married or unmarried male candidates born earlier than 02-07-1987 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Officer Training Academy (SSC Course for Men), born not earlier than 02-07-1987 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non Technical Course).
1st October 2011, 06:11 PM
malek basit

hello Friends

No, You are Not eligible for CDS and NDA Examination

If Your Date of Birth is 26-10-1991 Then, You Can't Apply for NDA.
If Your Date of Birth is 26-10-1994 Then You Can Apply for NDA..
Because
Eligibility for NDA - Candidates, Who Want to Apply for NDA Should Have Age Between 16 1/2 to 19 Years.
Candidates, Who Have Passed / Appearing 12th Standard with Physics and Math, Can Apply for NDA (Air force and Navy Wing). Those Who Want to Apply for NDA Army Wing, Should Have Passed / Appearing 12th Standard from any Stream.
If You Want to Know More About NDA Examination, log on to CDS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
1st October 2011, 06:27 PM
raju bhai

sorry friends you are not eligible for CDS exam because your age is less.
because its minimum age limitation is 21-30 years.
thanks
1st October 2011, 06:29 PM
jevirsinh

Hello Friend

Minimum Age required for CDS exam is more than 19 year
so you are not eligible for CDS in 17 year prepare 2year and then apply for NDA

following are details of CDS exam

Through CDS examination one can choose anyone of
Indian Military Academy or
Naval Academy or
Air Force Academy or
Officers Training Academy
But the eligibility criteria is different for different academies.
The educational qualification required for IMA(Indian Military Academy) and OTA(Officers Training Academy) is
Graduation degree or equivalent in any stream from a recognised University .

The educational qualification required for Air Force Academy and Naval Academy is
Graduation degree from a Recognized University
(with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

The age limit is as follow;
IMA:
19-23 years
Naval:
19-22 years
Airforce:
19-23 years
OTA:
19-25 years.

The UPSC notification for CDS examination clearly states the upper and lower limit of
date of birth for different academies. The above mentioned age limit is for guidance
but it would be better if you visit the notification for the exam and then find your
eligibility for it.
visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/

All The Best..
1st October 2011, 06:34 PM
raju bhai

sorry friends you are not eligible for CDS exam because your age is less.
because its minimum age limitation is 21-30 years.
thanks
1st October 2011, 07:07 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts Combined Defence Service exam for recruitment to office cadre of the Army, Navy and Air force. CDS exam is conducted generally in the months of May and October

Eligibility for CDS examination
Educational Qualifications:
A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

Unmarried male candidates are only eligible but must have age between 19-24 years

Selection
The candidate is selected based on examination. The examination comprises:
(a) Written Examination
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test
1st October 2011, 07:16 PM
raju bhai

You are Not eligible for CDS Examination, because you have Not fulfill the educational Qualification Eligiblity OR Age Eligiblity.

your age should be 21-30 years and graduates from any reconised institutes with any stream.
thanks
1st October 2011, 08:59 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Right now are not eligible for CDS exam,you may try after passing 19 years.

Combined Defense Service exam as three different service exam that Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.For different service post there is different eligibility criteria.that are

Eligibility for CDS examination:

Educational Qualifications:

For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.

For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years

For Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years

For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years

For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years

For more details,then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 68 views)
25th January 2012, 11:53 AM
despire007

Age limit: In 2011 as per age limits is, Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1988 and not later than 01-07-1993 only are eligible for the post of Indian Military Academy (IMA), Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1990 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Indian Naval Academy, Unmarried Male candidates born not earlier than 02-07-1989 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Air Force Academy, Married or unmarried male candidates born earlier than 02-07-1987 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Officer Training Academy (SSC Course for Men), born not earlier than 02-07-1987 and not later than 01-07-1993 are eligible for the post of Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non Technical Course).
25th January 2012, 02:48 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get eligible for CDS exam one has to complete 19 years of age at least.

As you are 17 years old then wright now you are not eligible for CDS exam..
Till then I will suggest you to complete your graduation course.
So, go for graduation course first. After completion of graduation course you can apply for CDS exam..

All the best.
14th August 2012, 02:31 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for CDS Exam :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 18-24 years.

* You should be Indian.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

On the basis of the above mentioned , you are not eligible for the exam .

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2012, 06:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age of entry for CDS exam is 19 years, hence you are not eligible to apply for CDS at the age of 17 years.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the exam for which s conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Medical Fitness.

Age Criteria for different wing of CDS:-

IMA - 19 to 24 years
INA - 19 to 22 years
IAFA - 19 to 23 years
OTA - 19 to 25 years

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th August 2012, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

what are the post provided after clearing CDS Exam?
15th August 2012, 02:11 AM
anshuroxx007

Smile Re: Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

sorry!!!!!!!!!!! you won't be able to join cds........
for appearing in cds you need to have a degree and a age b/w 19 to 25 yrs........
you can appear in nda exam after doing your +2 in science or commerce stream with maths as a compulsary subject.........
15th August 2012, 02:19 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

[QUOTE=Snehamay ganguly;1693429]dear friend,
To get eligible for CDS exam one has to complete 19 years of age at least.

As you are 17 years old then wright now you are not eligible for CDS exam..
Till then I will suggest you to complete your graduation course.
So, go for graduation course first. After completion of graduation course you can apply for CDS exam..

All the best
15th August 2012, 12:11 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

No,you can't apper for CDS because you have Not fulfill the educational Qualification Eligiblity OR Age Eligiblity.

Age Criteria for different wing of CDS:-

IMA - 19 to 24 years
INA - 19 to 22 years
IAFA - 19 to 23 years
OTA - 19 to 25 years
22nd June 2013, 08:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

To sit for the CDS Examination one needs to be a graduate first. So complete graduation then you will be considered eligible for this examination.

CDSE stands for Combined Defence Services Examination. The CDSE Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. By giving this exam you will get the chance of entering the following wings: Indian Military, Navy, Air Force and Officer's Training Academy.

Indian Military Academy:-

Educational Qualification:- You need to be a graduate in any disicpline from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:- 19-24 years

Air Force Academy:-

Educational Qualification:- You can complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.

Age Criteria:-19-23 years

Naval Academy:-

Educational Qualification:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.

Age Criteria:-19-22 years

Officer's Training Academy:-

Educational Qualification:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

Age Criteria:- 19-25 years

You need to go through the following hurdles or stages to get finally selected:
  1. Written Examination
  2. Personality Test
  3. Medical Test by SSB

CDS Exam Pattern:-

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th June 2013, 08:11 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

$$ CDS stands for the Combined Defense Service. Examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission every year for those candidate who are aspiring to serve the Nation by joining the Indian Defense Service.....

$$ You are not eligible for the CDS Examination. According to the Age Criteria as well as Educational Qualification for the CDS Exam....

$$ A candidate who have completed at least their Graduation degree in any discipline from the well recognized Universities can apply for this exam...

$$ So, if you are wishing to apply for the CDS exam the you should have to go for first of all your 10+2 std. then you should have to go for any Graduation degree and have to complete then you surely become eligible for this examination.......

Exam Stages:-

1. Written Examination

2. SSB Interview

3. Medical Examination

Eligibility and Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy :
A candidate who have completed at least their Graduation degree in any field are Applicable. Age of candidate should be between 19 to 24 Years....

Air Force Academy :
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Aeronautical Engineering are Applicable. Age of candidate should be between 19 to 23 Years.....

Naval Academy :
Bachelor degree in an Engineering Field are Applicable. Age of candidate should be between 19 to 22 Years...

Officers’ Training Academy :
A candidate who have completed at least their Graduation degree are Applicable. Age of candidate should be between 19 to 25 Years...

Quote:
''''So, Being 10th Class Student you are not eligible for the CDS Exam""

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
16th July 2013, 12:57 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for CDS is Combined Defence Services.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year in the months of February and September.

The eligibility criteria required for the CDS examination are prescribed as below:
* graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Percentage criteria is not required.

* Sex:- both male and female.

* Marital status:- Unmarried.

* Age limit:- 19-22 yrs( INA).
19-23 yrs(IAFA).
19-24 yrs(IMA).
19-25 yrs(OTA).

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physically and mentally fit.

15th August 2013, 10:34 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

Quote:

After 10th class you are not eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination. For the CDS examination graduation is the minimum qualification that a candidate required. But after 10+2 you can join Indian Army as an officer through National Defence academy examination.

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Army, Air force and Navy. The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the NDA examination 10+2 in any discipline if you are applying for the Indian Army only is sufficient. For the air force and navy 10+2 with physics and maths is required.

Age Limit
Candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years. No relaxation in age will be given to any category candidates.

For more information on National defence academy examination you can also visit at the below given web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
16th August 2013, 12:08 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

There are following steps to eligible in the CDS exam.

You should have a B.tech or graduation degree from recognized university.
If you are in the last year of your graduation then you are also eligible.

Your age limit should be between 19 to 25 years.

Only un-marrieds are eligible for the CDS exam.

Following are some details about the CDS exam.

CDS exam stands for the Combined Defense Services. The exam conducted by the UPSC and held twice in a year. The exam contain the following stages :

Written exam.

Physical and interview.

Medical test.

If you clear all these three stages then you are eligible for the training.

After complete your CDS exam you can directly join as an officer rank.

For more details you can visit the following websites :

www.upsc.gov.in

www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
16th August 2013, 12:14 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

You are not eligible for the CDS exam the age of the 17 years.

Your age limit is between 19 to 25 years.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

CDS - I

CDS - II

CDS exam has four wings:-

***Indian naval academy,

***Indian airforce academy,

***Indian military academy,

***Officer training academy.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate must have to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

Final year exams appearing candidates may also eligible and there is no percentage restrictions for this exam.

Male and female both are eligible for this exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

You should be physically fit.

Age criteria:-

***For naval academy--> 19 to 22years,

***For airforce academy--> 19 to 23 years,

***for military academy-->19 to 24 years,

***For medicser training academy--> 19 to 25 years.

***No age relaxation.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview.

All the best...........
16th August 2013, 12:34 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

You are in class 10th and why do you want to do CDS. You can apply for NDA exam if you wish to go in Indian Defence.

NDA exam is for intermediate pass students.

NDA - National defence Academy

Eligibility for NDA exam~~

You should be an Indian citizen.

You should be intermediate pass from a recognized board.

Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

You should be an unmarried male candidate.

So, you should apply for NDA exam after 12th.

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
16th August 2013, 12:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services examination.

No,you are not eligible for CDS Examination,because you have not fulfilled the educational Qualification and age limit.

-->To be eligible to apply for CDS Examination, you need to complete your Graduate degree course and you must have attained the age of 19 Years.

>> IMA (Indian Military Academy)- Your age should between 19 to 24 years and you must have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

>> OTA (Officers Training Academy) - Your age should between 19 to 25 years and you must have completed your Graduation in any discipline.

>> Naval Academy - Your age should between 19 to 22 years and you have completed your B.sc degree course OR Engineering course with maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects.

>> Air Force Academy - Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years are eligible and you must have completed your B.Sc course or engineering course of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics compulsory subjects.

-->You must be a citizen of India.

All The Best
16th August 2013, 12:42 AM
shivam2k6

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

Eligibility for CDS:

I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA): Graduation Degree from a recognized University

Naval Academy: B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics) or Bachelor of Engineering

Air Force Academy: Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering

Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years

Air Force Academy: 19-23 Years

Officers’ Training Academy: 19-25 years

Naval Academy: 19-22 years

All the best.
Thank you.
16th August 2013, 03:14 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to join defence services, which is appreciable. But you can not apply for the CDS , at this stage of age ,. As the minimum age required is 19 years for appear in CDS examination,.
CDS stands for the COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES ,. conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).
But, you can prefer for the NDA examination, conducted by the same UPSC,. NDA requires minimum educational requirement 10+2 degree,. The age limit required for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.
As you are 17 years old, but you are in class 10th, so, you must have to complete your 12th,. As the final year candidates of 12th can also appear for the NDA examination, so you do have a chance .
All you need is a 12th degree,.

Through this NDA examination, one can apply for the INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF), INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY (NA) & INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY (IMA),.
If you are a IAF or NA aspirant, you must have Physics & Maths in 10+2. otherwise, you can only apply for the IMA.

Exam pattern-

Physical Requirements-

You must be an Indian.

You must be a MALE candidate.

You must have marital status unmarried.

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
16th August 2013, 05:37 PM
4wc ee
Member+

Dear Friend...

Simply no, You could be Certainly not eligible to CDS and additionally NDA Examination

Any time The Date in Rise is actually 26-10-1991 Now, An individual Find it difficult to Go for NDA.
Any time The Date in Rise is actually 26-10-1994 Now An individual Will be able to Go for NDA..

Because

To be eligible with regard to NDA - Job hopefuls, Whom Plan to Go for NDA Will need to Own Get older In between 16 1/2 to help 19 Years.
Job hopefuls, Whom Own Went by / Showing up twelfth Usual having Physics and additionally Mathmatical, Will be able to Go for NDA (Air power and additionally Fast Wing). Individuals Whom Plan to Go for NDA Affiliate marketing online Annexe, Will need to Own Went by / Showing up twelfth Usual coming from almost any Stream.
Any time An individual Plan to Comprehend A lot more About NDA Assessment, log on to CDS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

Take care

thanks a ton
16th August 2013, 07:03 PM
kunal kumar 444

Thumbs up Re: Can I join CDS if my age is 17 years?

Dear friends.......
Minimum Age required for CDS exam is more than 19 year
so you are not eligible for CDS in 17 year prepare 2year and then apply for NDA.

Combined Defense Service exam as three different service exam that Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.For different service post there is different eligibility criteria.that are eligibility for CDS examination:

e Criteria for different wing of CDS:-

IMA - 19 to 24 years
INA - 19 to 22 years
IAFA - 19 to 23 years
OTA - 19 to 25 years

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best

With Regards......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?