20th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Com girl students apply for defence services?

Respected sir,
I am 18 year old and have passed my f.y.bcom and i am very much intrested in defence services.
can you please help me with what are the options available to me.
please do reply
THANK YOU

22nd April 2012, 12:03 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Com girl students apply for defence services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I am 18 year old and have passed my f.y.bcom and i am very much intrested in defence services.
please do reply
THANK YOU
If you have completed your B.com degree course then you are eligible for CDS Examination to Join Defence, But you are not fulfill your age Eligibility, To apply for CDS Examination, you have to attained the age of 19 years, But you are now 18 years of age. So you have to wait one more year to apply for CDS.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year.

Girls are also eligible to apply for CDS, If you are Interested to Join Defence then you can apply for OTA Academy through CDS.

To apply for this Academy, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline and your age should between 19 to 25 years. No upper age relaxation is applicable for Any Candidates.

This examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year and eligible candidates may fill the application form Online Only. There is No Offline application form Facility is applicable for Any Candidates.

So, Please wait for 1 more years and then apply for CDS Examination and for more information please check official website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd April 2012, 12:30 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can a B.Com girl students apply for defence services?

Quote:
Respected sir,
please do reply
THANK YOU
my dear friend :-
Girls can go through SSB and even the Officer's Academy after completing your under graduation course.If your a NCC cadet with C certificate then you can get in directly through the screening tests.
You can get the full information regarding the defence service provided for the girls in the following link

http://www.upscexam.com/defence_examinations/

The SSB is of a fourteen year service but you can increase your service years by writing various exams.You can all the information about the defence exams in the following link.

GOOD LUCK
27th June 2012, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam
can one apply for combined defence services examinations born in the year 1987 and being a commerce student for any of the posts or department??
Are there any chances of applying??
please do help in solving my query..
Thank you..
14th January 2013, 06:35 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir,
please do reply
THANK YOU
Yes , Female candidate may eligible to apply for CDS Examination in ( Officer training academy ) . But your not eligible for Indian Army / Navy / Airforce Aacademy .

Because Female candidates are not eligible for this Wing . So, If your interested in Offier training academy then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

Apart from this Marital status you may also satisfy the Educational Qualification , Age Criteria and Physical standards .

If your satisfy the eligibility Criteria then your eligible to apply for this CDS Examination .

Eligibility Criteria required for CDS Examination :-

# Academic Qualification For CDS Examination :-

# For Indian Millitary Academy :- The Applicant should passed in Graduation (or) Equivalent Course in any discipline from Recognized University .

# For Indian Naval Academy :- The Applicant should Passed in Graduation in Science Stream with Physics or Mathematics from recognized University.

# For Air Force Academy :- The Applicant should Complete Bacheolor degree in Science / Bachelor of Engineering from recognized University .

# Officer Training Academy :- The Applicant should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University.

Age Limitation for CDS Examination :-

# For Air Force Academy :- 19 years to 23 Years

# For Officers Training Academy :- 19 years to 25 Years

# For Indian Army Academy :- 19 year to 24 Years

# For Navy Academy :- 19 Years to 22 Years

# Marital Status :- You should be Unmarried Male candidate . Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible for Office training academy .

CDS Examniantion Pattern :-

=English Language
=General Knowledge
=Elementary Mathematics

For Officer Trainng Academy :-

=English Language
=General Knowledge

Study Material for CDS Examination :-

>> CDS Examination ( Solved and Practice Papers ) by Jha S N
Publisher :- Upsc Portal
Price :- Rs. 206

>> CDS Examination( A Complete Self Study ) by Brijesh Tripathi, Satyajeet Rawat, Neetika Goyal
Publisher :- Arihant Publications
Price :- Rs. 356

>> CDS Examination ( Guide ) by R. Gupta
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House
Price :- Rs. 236

>> CDS Examination ( 10 Practice Sets ) by Expert Compilations
Publisher :- Arihant Publications
Price :- Rs. 165

>> CDS Examination ( Previous Solved Papers ) by R. Gupta
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House
Price :- Rs. 233

You may apply for this Examination in both the Online as well as Offline . The Important Notification are released in Employement news papers and Official website UPSC . The Cost of Examination Application Rs.100/- For General candidates and Free for sc/st candidates .

So, If your Qualified in Bacheor degree then your eligible to apply for Indian Officer training academy .

ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th April 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

if i can graguated with 50 percent i can appear for cds
3rd May 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

with 50 percent in commerce i can apply for common defence services
3rd May 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

I got 50 percent in becom i can appear for cds
16th December 2014, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
I am 19 year old b.com girl student . I want to become an army officer. but I don't have NCC 'c' certificate with me. sir please guide me how I can achieve my goal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?