7th June 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I join IMA? I am 38 years old

Sir,
I am Manoj Kumar srivastava presently working under Govt. of West Bengal. I am 38 years old and want to join IMA. I have a south health and I am so energetic... Can I join IMA...??

8th June 2012, 01:57 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IMA? I am 38 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am Manoj Kumar srivastava presently working under Govt. of West Bengal. I am 38 years old and want to join IMA. I have a south health and I am so energetic... Can I join IMA...??
Sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for IMA examination .

IMA Means Indian Military Academy examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

IMA Exam is comes under the CDS (Combined Defence Service ) examination .

This exam is conducted for :-
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Indian Air force Academy
  • Indian Naval Academy
  • Officer Training Academy

Indian Military Academy (IMA ) :-

~~Applicant must be citizen of India Nation or Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal ...etc.

~~Applicant should be unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

~~Applicant should be completed graduate degree with any discipline .

~~No percent bar required .

~~Final year of degree can apply .

~~Age should have a minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years .

~~There is no upper age limits .

So according to the age limits , you are not eligible to apply for IMA examination and there is no chances for Defence examination .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
25th November 2012, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
myself vengadasami.now i am in 26 years old. can i join ima
18th September 2013, 07:05 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Manoj,

The Acronym "IMA" stands for Indian Military Academy. It is one of the wings of Indian Defense Services which you can join by passing the Combined Defense Services Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Combined Defense Services Exam every year for the entrance of candidates in the following wings :

* Indian Military Academy

* Naval Academy

* Air Force Academy

* Officer`s Training Academy

The Union Public Service Commission has set some eligibility criteria for the CDS Exam , so to be eligible you need to fulfill the below mentioned criteria :

** The candidate must have completed Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

** The candidate should not have any pending backlog.

** Final year candidates can also apply.

** there is no percentage bar for this exam.

** The Age Limit :

>> For Indian Military Academy : 19-22 yrs

>> For Naval Academy : 19-23 yrs

>> For Air Force Academy : 19-24 yrs

>> For Officer`s Training Academy : 19-25 yrs

** Age Relaxation :

>> No Relaxation in age is given to any candidate by the Union Public Service Commission.

Since , you are 38 years old so there is no chance for you to join the Indian military Academy.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th September 2013, 10:51 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join IMA at the age of 38 years as you are over aged.

IMA - Indian Military Academy is an wing of CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted twice every year by UPSC for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IMA, must be an Indian unmarried Male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or apss in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness, can apply for IMA.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th September 2013, 03:02 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir,I am Manoj Kumar srivastava presently working under Govt. of West Bengal. I am 38 years old and want to join IMA. I have a south health and I am so energetic... Can I join IMA...??
As per eligibility criteria of IMA entrance examination you are not eligible to apply for IMA Examination. IMA Examination is stand for the Indian Military Examination which come under the Combine Defence Service (CDS) Examination and it is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year.

The eligibility Criteria for IMA Examination is :
1) Must be an Indian unmarried Male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass from a recognized University.
2) The age must be between 19 to 24 years with good Physical fitness can apply for IMA Examination.

The details information is available at Official Website of UPSC. So, for any more information regarding the IMA examination kindly visit the official website :~~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th September 2013, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sir,

IMA Means Indian Military Academy examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

Indian Military Academy
Indian Air force Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Officer Training Academy

~~Applicant must be citizen of India Nation or Subject of Bhutan or Subject of Nepal ...etc.

So according to the age limits , you are not eligible to apply for IMA examination and there is no chances for Defence examination .

19th September 2013, 01:01 PM
p.surya narayana reddy

Quote:
Sir,

Indian Military Academy
Indian Air force Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Officer Training Academy

19th September 2013, 04:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yeah you can not join in Indian Military Academy at age of 38 years which is a defence force of India as you satisfy the age limit and the education qualification needed for joining in it.

Age Limit:

The age limit needed for joining in Indian Military Academy is 19-24 years

Education Qualification:

The education qualification needed for joining in IMA is that you need to have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage and it can be from any discipline.

The other criteria's which you need to satisfy apart from these is that you need to satisfy the Nationality and Martial Status.

Nationality standard needed states that the candidate appearing for the exam should be a citizen of India

The Martial Status needed for the exam is that you need to be a unmarried male candidate.

If you are possessing all these above mentioned criteria's then you can apply for the entrance exam which is called as CDS Exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

You can get more info at www.upsc.gov.in

20th September 2013, 01:21 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy. Candidates can join IMA through CDS examination. UPSC conducts CDS examination twice every year to recruit candidates in following Wings of Indian Defense.

* Indian Military Academy

* Naval Academy

* Air Force Academy

* Officer’s Training Academy

The eligibility criteria for CDS examinations are:

* Candidate with Graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university.

* Candidate in the final year of Graduation are eligible to apply.

* No certain percentage of marks required in Graduation.

The age limit criteria is as follows:

* Indian Military Academy – 19 to 22 yrs

* Naval Academy – 19 to 23 yrs

* Air Force Academy – 19 to 24 yrs

* Officer`s Training Academy – 19 to 25 yrs

No relaxation in upper age limit is granted to any category candidates.

As you seen above there is no chance to join CDS if the age of candidate not falls in the age limit criteria. So you are not eligible to apply at the age of 38 years.
9th May 2014, 08:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Sorry, you have crossed the age limit. You need to finish your graduation for getting into IMA Dehradun. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?