16th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Army after completing my graduation in B.Com? Procedure for IMA?

sir my name is shikha.i have completed my graduation(b.com) and i am 22 years old.how can i join army.plz sir tell me eligibility,procedure for ima.my id is [email protected].

17th April 2012, 07:50 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How can I join Army after completing my graduation in B.Com? Procedure for IMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir my name is shikha.i have completed my graduation(b.com) and i am 22 years old.how can i join army.plz sir tell me eligibility,procedure for ima.my id is [email protected].
Hello Shikha!

I am sorry to say that Girls are not allowed to join Indian Army or IMA(Indian Military Academy). You are a B.Com Graduate & your Age is 22 years. If you are very interested to join Defence Services then you can join OTA i.e. Officer's Training Academy, one of the defence service for Girls only & to join it you have to appear in CDS Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year as CDS I & CDS II.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

In Order to join appear in CDS Exam of Officer's Training Academy, you have to fulfill following eligibility criteria

~~~ To appear in this exam, you should have completed graduation degree course in any stream from recognized university.

~~~ Candidate's appearing/appeared graduation final year are also eligible to appear in CDS Examination.

~~~ To join OTA, your age should not be below 19 years & should not above 25 years.

~~~ Only female candidates are eligible to join Officer's Training Academy & should be an Indian citizen.

Physical standard Required for OTA

Application Procedure for CDS Examination:

Eligible candidates may apply for CDSE in two ways..

In online mode you can fill Application Form online by using UPSC official website. And in offline mode you can apply by using Common Application Form available at Head Post office.

So, please wait till notification then fill application form for CDS Exam. For any other detail regarding CDS Exam visit UPSC official Website:

http://Upsc.gov.in

Important Notification for CDS 2012:

Date for CDS-I Exam

-Date of Notification:: 29/10/2011

-Last Date for Receipt of Application: 21/11/2011

-Date of Commencement of Exam: 29/01/2012.

Date for CDS-II Exam

-Date of Notification: 02/06/2012

-Last Date for Receipt of Application: 02/07/2012

-Date of Commencement of Exam: 16/09/2012

Examination Pattern for CDS-OTA

17th April 2012, 08:52 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

Default Re: How can I join Army after completing my graduation in B.Com? Procedure for IMA?

hi,
If you want to join indian army after b.com.
Here is cds exam for you by which applying this you can join indian army.
CDS(combined defence service)
That is conducated by upsc.
For more information,
Log on www.upsc.gov.in
Good luck
17th April 2012, 10:29 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I join Army after completing my graduation in B.Com? Procedure for IMA?

yes you are eligible for army.....
army is the one wing under nda. nda exam is conducted by the upsc(union public service examination) twice in a year.
eligibility criteria:
1.the candidate should be complete 12 th standard from a recognised state board of india.
2.age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years.
3.only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
4.candidate should be physically fit.
5.candidate should be a citizen of india.
application procedure:
selection procedure:
1.written test.
2.interview.
3.medical test.
for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
all the best............
18th April 2012, 12:45 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the IMA with B.com you can write the CDS exam.

CDS stands for combined Defence Service. CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam is three wings:

Indian Military Academy(IMA)

Navy

Indian Airforce

IMA ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be citizen of india.
Your age should be between 19-24 years.
You should have degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for exam.

For more details visit the website
http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
3rd June 2012, 07:55 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi friend,

In order to apply for IMA you need to write CDS..

Basic eligibility for IMA is
Graduation ..
So yes you can apply for IMA...

Age limit for IMA is
19-24 years

After having upsc form for CDS fill it properly.
and give the CDSE exam , try to score maximum
Then results will be out 1 - 2 months after the exam.
after that you need to go for SSB(service selection board)
selection will be on criteria basis and get selected there.
should be medically fit.

good luck
3rd June 2012, 08:35 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

If you are a graduate, you may write Combined Defense Service Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission, in order to write Indian Military Academy. However, graduates from technical or non-technical background, willing to join Indian Army has to undergo training at this academy but once you qualify the Combined Defense Service Examination, you will be eligible to join Indian Army as an officer after completion of necessary training at the Indian Military Academy.
To be considered eligible for the exam, you must be a graduate within 19-24 years of age. This examination is conducted two times a year and for notifications, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.

5th June 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

can u please tell me the c.d.s exam date.....throughn [email protected]
13th October 2012, 05:58 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

~~•> You can apply for Indian Army through the exams given below :--
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDS)
Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDS exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.
Also graduate persons with above 50 % marks are eligible for CDS exam
B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.
Final Year student are also eligible for CDS exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.
AGE CRITERIA
Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

* UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME ( UES)
The candidate must be currently studying in Pre-final year of BE / B Tech degree course in the relevant streams of engineering as mentioned above and must have secured minimum of 60% marks in aggregate .
But you have not any Pending Backlog.
AGE CRITERIA
Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.
Both exam is conducted by UPSC so you can apply those exam through UPSC.
DETAILS ABOUT AFCAT EXAM
GROUND DUTY BRANCHES
EDUCATION : Post graduation or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.
FLYING BRANCHES
EDUCATION : B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
TECHNICAL BRANCHES
EDUCATION : Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
>> For further detailed information, Click Here....
15th May 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir, my name is Dinesh, now iam studing b.com i would like to join indian miltary. What will i do, if a ncc certificate holder, then he can enter IMA with out facing NDA OR CDS Exam? Pls tell me sir ?
15th May 2013, 10:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hai sir, my name is Dinesh, now iam studing b.com i would like to join indian miltary. What will i do, if a ncc certificate holder, then he can enter IMA with out facing NDA OR CDS Exam? Pls tell me sir ?
You have to appear in the CDS exams.

In CDS there are 4 wings for which exam is conducted and they are:

Education:
Indian Airforce- Graduation Pass with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream

AGE LIMITS-
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years

So, YES you can aply for IMA if you meet the above eligibity
7th June 2013, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Ashish kumar . I have completed my 3yr Diploma(CSE) and i am 24&half years old. how can i join Indian Army.plz sir tell me eligibility,procedure for IMA.
8th June 2013, 05:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined through CDS after Graduation and you can join the same after B.Com.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy along with Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Army(IMA) of CDS, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree Exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The CDS can be applied through on line by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2013, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/mam,
I'm doing b.com final year and I'm 23 years old my father is a ex-service man . i'd like to join in indian army so how can join ?. and what are the procedure ?....
2nd August 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.com graduate women want to join indian army what is the procedure to apply my age is 23 yrs.
is there is any chance for me join indian army.
12th September 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam,
now i am studding b.com i am not in ncc i like to join indian military , it is necessary to have any ncc certificate
16th September 2013, 12:24 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes Off course your eligible to apply for Indian Army Academy After Completing your B.com Course .. Being a B.com student your eligible to appear in CDS Entrance Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission ..

:::Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination ( India Army )::::

Educational Qualification:-

>> The Applicant should be Qualified in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University .

>> Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for Army Academy

Age Criteria:-

>> The Applicant age should be 19 years to 24 years

Marital Status:-

>> The Applicant should be Unmarried Male candidate .
16th February 2014, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi myself is Prachi Chhabra I am doing commerce with maths in class 12.I want to join Army so please tell me that after 12 if I do bcom pass course then will it be fine or I should do bcom
honours or eco honours to be selected in Indian Army?
24th February 2014, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i have t join in indian army plz help me .............
plz giv the dat of exam are ....wat i have to do for in indian army...
20th October 2015, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir.I am doing my bcom final year and I have computer knowledge.I like to join Indian army .when the CDS exam was held.My email I'd is [email protected].
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?