26th August 2019, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy with BE in Mechanical Engineering?

I am ASWIN NARAYANAN KP now I am studying BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING second year. Can I join Indian Navy now or after competing my course? Is it through any entrance?

31st August 2019, 12:40 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy with BE in Mechanical Engineering?

CDS examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service. Examination is conducted for selection in Indian Navy, Army and Air Force.

The eligibility is for Indian Navy is that :-

Educational qualification - B.Tech or B.E from a recognised university.

Age limit - 19-24 years.

Candidates can apply for the examination in the final year or after the bachelor course.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 12:48 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the CDS examination and after clearing the paper will become eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy as an officer.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in technology or engineering ( for Navy ). Candidates in the final year are eligible to appear in the examination.

The age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages.

So, you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 11:48 AM
sarika1993

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Indian Navy after completion of your B.E (Mechanical). Yes, Recruitment will be based on entrance exam.

Type of Entries to Indian Navy After B.E (Mechanical)
- Through Short Selection Commission
- Naval Architect (SSC)
- Special Naval Architect Entry Scheme
- Naval Architect University Entry Scheme
- SSC Logistics Cadre
- SSC Observer
- SSC Pilot
31st August 2019, 12:40 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can join Indian Navy through technical entry or after qualifying in CDS examination.

Through technical entry candidates on the basis of aggregate in B.Tech course are shortlisted for SSB surpassing the written test.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in two stages. The written and SSB. Candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection.

You are eligible for Navy on the basis of stream in bachelor degree. So, if you want to join the service you can start preparation for examination. For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 08:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

If you are below 19.5 years then you can apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Navy. NDA examination is conducted at senior secondary level. In final year of engineering, you can apply for University Entry Scheme.

Other than UES, NDA, you can apply for CDS examination conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?