24th January 2019, 07:50 PM
A. Shireesha

Can I join M.Sc Forensic Science based on B.Sc in Biotechnology?

Can I do M.Sc. Forensic Science after completing my B.Sc. Biotechnology or I need to do any diploma course in Forensic Science and then join M.Sc. Forensic Science ?

31st January 2019, 07:08 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join M.Sc Forensic Science based on B.Sc in Biotechnology?

You don't need to do any Diploma course. You are eligible to join M.Sc Forensic Science having completed B.Sc with Biotechnology.

Candidates who have completed B.Sc with any of the life science subjects like Biotechnology, Microbiology and Biochemistry are eligible to join M.Sc Forensic Science.

One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation to be eligible to join this course. However some Institutes will put this criteria as minimum 60% of marks.

Each Institute will be having its own admission process for this course.

Some colleges will give direct admission for this course on the basis of marks scored in Graduation. Some colleges will conduct Entrance Exam and give admission on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Below are some of the popular Institutes to join this course
-Gujarat Forensic Science University
-Osmania University, Hyderabad
-University of Madras
-West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
-Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar

There is good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates after completion of this course in
-Intelligence Bureau
-CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation)
-Hospitals
-Detective Agencies etc.
31st January 2019, 01:32 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Default Re: Can I join M.Sc Forensic Science based on B.Sc in Biotechnology?

Yes. You can pursue M.Sc (Forensic Science) just after B.Sc (Biotechnology). You doesn't require to pursue diploma in forensic science to pursue B.Sc (Forensic Science).

Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in science/engineering/pharmacy/medicine from a recognized university.
- You need to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission.

Job Profiles
- Correction Officers
- Custom Agents
- Forensic Psychologist
- Compliance Officer
- Coast Guard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?