12th January 2013, 08:26 PM
11018ec015

Can I join NIT, IIT after diploma?

can i join into NIT,IIT after diploma? If so how?...please tell me the details

4th August 2013, 03:51 PM
adityamm1990

Default Re: Can I join NIT, IIT after diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11018ec015 View Post
can i join into NIT,IIT after diploma? If so how?...please tell me the details
Sorry no,i think there is no lateral entry scheme for diploma students in NIT,IIT
5th August 2013, 11:07 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

While it is possible to join National Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Technology after having completed diploma in Engineering. There are some important things to keep in mind.

Those who complete diploma generally prefer to take admission through lateral entry scheme. This scheme is valid for diploma holders and allow them to take admission in the second year of B.Tech course.

The problem with NIT and IIT is that none of the two offer lateral entry admission. So while you can take admission, you will have to complete the full 4 years course. You will not get the lateral entry benefit which could make it 3 years course.

Now if you can live with that then apply for the Joint Entrance Exam. You may have heard of this new engineering entrance exam that has replaced AIEEE and IIT-JEE entrance exams.

It has two stages. While the first stage, JEE Mains is the replacement of AIEEE which will offer you admission in National Institutes of Technology. The second stage, JEE Advanced is conducted for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

If you want admission only in NIT then there is no need to do JEE Advanced entrance exam. It is only required if you want admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

But to appear for JEE Advanced you will first have to clear JEE Mains. And at the same time you must ensure to come within top 150,000 in order to go forward and appear for the JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. Diploma holders are also eligible.

4. You should be less than 25 years old.

5. The age limit is 30 years for SC/ST.

6. You will get 3 consecutive attempts to clear the exam.
7th August 2013, 10:15 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear 11018ec015,

As far as i am concerned, you cannot join either National Institutes of Technology or The Indian Institutes of Technology after completing Diploma.

This is because most of the candidates go for diploma course so that they can directly join the B.Tech/B.E. course in 2nd year through the lateral Entry Scheme.

But Not only IITs but NITs also do not offer Lateral Entry admission to diploma holders.

From the year 2013 , the candidates have to give a common written examination for admission in both the IITs as well as the NITs.

This Exam is known as the Joint Entrance Exam [JEE] which has replaced the IIT Entrance Exam as well as the AIEEE.

The JEE Exam is conducted in two sets :

a) JEE MAIN [For Those Seeking Admission in NITs]

b) JEE Advanced [For Those Seeking Admission in IITs]

Those who want to get admission in the IITs have to pass both the JEE-Main as well as the JEE-Advanced exam.

The Qualifications Required for Joint Entrance Exam are :

* The candidate must have passed 12th from any recognized board.

* The candidate must have passed 12th with PCM.

* Candidates appearing in 12th can also appear for the exam.

* The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks as the 12th board marks play a major role in this exam.

* The Minimum age limit for this exam is 14 years.

* 3 Consecutive attempts are given to candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th August 2013, 11:26 PM
srikanth2207

We can not join in NIT,IIT after diploma.Because to enter into IIT,NIT through Either IIT-Mains,IIT-Advanced or GATE.For IIT-Mains,IIT-Advanced you must passed your inter with 60% marks.For GATE you must complete you degree with 60% marks.
15th September 2013, 10:50 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Sorry, but you can not join IIT and NIT as a diploma holder. Diploma holders get admission in 2nd year of B.E/B.Tech through Lateral Entry Admission. But there is no any way to join IIT and NIT because both the educational organization offer Lateral Entry Admission to candidates.

To join IIT and NIT Candidates have to go for common written examination well known as Joint Entrance Examination.

The process of selection consists two stages of examination:

i) JEE MAIN - Candidates who wish to join NIT where

ii) JEE Advanced

Candidates who wish to join IIT then they have to qualify both the examination JEE MAIN and JEE Advanced as well.

For taking these examination candidates must fulfill the educational qualification and the eligibility also :

* 12th/equivalent with PCM from any recognized board.

* 12TH/equivalent appearing candidates can also apply for the examination.

* 50% marks must be achieved by the candidates in 12th board.

* Candidates can attempt upto 3 times for this examination.

Candidates who have qualified the examination can get colleges and engineering streams on the basis of their rank in merit list.

Thanks.
23rd June 2014, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

how can a diploma engener apper jee main and jee advanced to tack admetion in nit and iit for B Tack?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?