30th April 2017, 01:11 PM
pankpradhyuman

Can I pursue 12th being a Diploma engineering student?

I have completed my high school from cbse board in 2016 and now i am doing polytechnic diploma but i also want to do 12th as well in 2018. Is there any solution to my problem.I have not appeared for class 11th.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?
  2. How many branches are there to study in Polytechnic course?
  3. Is it possible for me to pursue 12th simultaneously doing diploma 3 years?
  4. Courses that can be done by a 12th failed candidate -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering from Open University after 9 years of completing class 12th?
  6. Should I pursue 12th first to study Engineering Diploma course?
  7. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Can I pursue 11th and 12th while doing Diploma in CSE? What is the Course duration?
  9. Which diploma course can i pursue after passing 12th with Commerce side?
  10. Can I pursue B.Sc Mathematics after dropping in 3rd semester of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Will it be a good career choice?
  11. Whether a Commerce student is eligible to pursue Diploma in Engineering programme?
  12. What can I do after completion of SSC? Can I do diploma or 11th and 12th science?
  13. Is it possible to pursue Engineering after completing Diploma without appearing for the entrance exam?
  14. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue Diploma in Automobile Engineering at the age of twenty seven years?
  16. Can I pursue B.Tech in Engineering with distance mode after completing Diploma in Engineering?
  17. How can I pursue BA after completing Polytechnic Diploma?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
30th April 2017, 05:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue 12th being a Diploma engineering student?

You can pursue 12th while doing diploma.

There are two options for you:

1. You can apply for board exam of 10+2 as a private candidate from Central Board of Secondary Education.

2. If you find any difficulty in CBSE board then you can appear for board of 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling. There is on demand examination in case of NIOS.

Official website of NIOS is http://www.nos.org.
30th April 2017, 06:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you will be not allowed to get admission in 12th std directly after diploma courses.

The candidates after 10th and diploma are eligible for admission in 11th and can pursue 12th std as well after 11th but no direct admission in 12th std.

So, it is compulsory to pursue 11th to get admission in 12th, there is no other solution.
30th April 2017, 06:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue 12th standard after completion of your Polytechnic Diploma course from a Government recognised institution. Candidates who have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination from any Government recognised board are eligible to pursue 12th standard.

Admissions in 12th standard are done through merit basis of 10th standard examination marks or through entrance examination or admission test conducted by the respective school. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed 10th standard and then pursued Diploma course, so, you are eligible to get admission in 12th standard.
30th April 2017, 07:12 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue Intermediate. As Diploma is also equal to Intermediate and have same value. But if you want to pursue then it is good. It is a 2 year course and you have to complete both. After Diploma you can get admission in Intermediate by submitting all your details.
30th April 2017, 08:08 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, direct admission in 12th std is not possible to candidates passed diploma.

So, if you want to pursue 12th std after diploma course you have to take admission in 11th std and after one year will be eligible to get admission in 12th std.

You are also not eligible to pursue diploma and 11th or 12th std simultaneously.
30th April 2017, 08:21 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your high school from CBSE Board in 2016 and pursuing Polytechnic Diploma. You want to do 12th standard simultaneously with polytechnic course.

**No, there is not any solution for doing polytechnic and 12th standard at the same time. Also it is of no use to do two courses at the same time. It is not valid also. So, in my opinion if you want to do 12th standard as well then you then take admission in 12th standard after completion of polytechnic course.
30th April 2017, 11:25 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for 12th standard even if you have not appeared in 11th standard. You have to apply for admission in 12th class through open schooling. But it is not desirable to pursue back graduation i.e. if you have passed diploma then you should go for graduation degree course rather than 12th standard.
30th April 2017, 11:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue 12th standard after completion of your Diploma Engineering course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing 12th standard, you should have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination with at least 60% aggregate marks from a recognised board. Most of the colleges offer admissions in 12th standard on basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through admission test conducted by the CBSE Board school.
30th April 2017, 11:29 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankpradhyuman View Post
I have completed my high school from cbse board in 2016 and now i am doing polytechnic diploma but i also want to do 12th as well in 2018. Is there any solution to my problem.I have not appeared for class 11th.
No. You can do only one course at a time either pursue polytechnic or go for 12th.

To pursue 12th you have to take admission in 11th standard, qualify the 11th than you will be promoted into 12th standard.
Since you are pursuing polytechnic, in my suggestion you should continue to that because it is known as junior engineer which will also give you opportunity to pursue engineering through LEET(Lateral Entry Examination Test).
30th April 2017, 11:39 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Without appearing in 11th Class, you cannot directly pursue 12th Class. So I suggest you to go through the below instructions carefully. In order to pursue 12th Class, you must first pursue 11th Class and you cannot directly pursue 12th Class after diploma course.

There is only one way to do this course and it is doing 11th and 12th Classes directly after completion of 10th Class. The other option that you have is doing Diploma (a 3 year undergraduate) course after completion of 10th Class.

So candidates from 12th background will get admission into 1st year of Engineering course and candidates from Diploma background will get admission into 2nd year of Engineering course.
30th April 2017, 11:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that both polytechnic and Class 12th academics can not be pursued simultaneously as both these degree are regular degree.

So in case you want to pursue both these degree course then the best option for you is that you first go for two years of higher secondary school degree followed by two years of polytechnic degree course.

Further if you directly go for polytechnic degree course after your Class 10th then it would take three years to complete as in case of senior secondary degree there is provision of exemption of one year of polytechnic / diploma degree course.
1st May 2017, 12:23 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about pursuing your higher secondary school degree along with your polytechnic degree course then it is not possible as both are regular degree course and hence cannot be pursued simultaneously.

But you can pursue same after completing your polytechnic degree course but it will not be beneficiary unless you are looking for career option or course that requires regular higher secondary school degree as its educational requirement.
1st May 2017, 12:49 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Yes, off course you can pursue 12th being a diploma holder. There is no maximum age bar for pursuing intermediate. But you have to pursue 11th standard to get admission in 12th class through regular CBSE or state board. However, if you want to skip 11th standard at this stage, you have to go for ICSE board to pursue direct 12th class.
4th August 2019, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I have improvement exam for my CBSE so can I do diploma also at the same time?
31st August 2019, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma person give 12th science exam in gseb gujart board
23rd May 2020, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Can i do intermediate while doing engineering
10th August 2020, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma now i can do 12 rh directly
11th August 2020, 03:06 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Can I pursue 12th being a Diploma engineering student?

Yes, you can pursue 12th standard after completion of your Diploma Engineering course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing 12th standard, you should have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination.

Colleges offer admissions in 12th standard on basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through admission test conducted by the CBSE Board school.
30th April 2021, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Before 12 th science diploma chemical engineering duration... PCM
2nd August 2021, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Can i do 11 and 12th after completing diploma in anesthesia and critical care
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?