28th April 2015, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I start GATE preparation from 12th standard itself?

Hello i am a 12th standard completed student. Can I start preparing for gate by now itself? I want to score very well in the exam to get into Itts.

28th April 2015, 04:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start GATE preparation from 12th standard itself?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for the master's degree in technology.

Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for this exam is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university. Even B.Tech final year candidates can apply for the exam.

GATE is an online test consisting of 65 questions of multiple choice type from core streams of engineering.

So, how can you start preparing for GATE after 10+2 if you have not done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering.

If you are interested to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology at 10+2 level, you must prepare for the Joint Entrance Exam.

Joint Entrance exam is conducted for undergraduate courses in Engineering from top institutes in India like IITs, NITs and government engineering colleges.

It has two stages: JEE Mains conducted by CBSE and JEE Advanced by IIT.

You must perform well in both stages and you must have good percentage of marks in 10+2 to get admission in IITs. Focus on the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as questions are from these subjects only.
28th April 2015, 04:26 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

It seems you have some wrong knowledge of the exam. Its very fortunate that you have asked this here and we are here to rectify this.

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It can be done only once you have completed your graduation. It is basically for getting admission into the M.tech courses in the various IIT's.

Since you are in the 12th standard, so your aim should be IITJEE exam which takes students for the b.tech course in the various IIT's.
This is the one, i think you are talking about.

Now, taking about the IITJEE exam, it is one of the most difficult exams of India. So, its preparation should also be given this much of respect. Being in the 12th standard, i would not advise you to start preparation because in 12th there are many other activities in which you have to indulge yourself in.

IITJEE, at least requires 2 years of preparation if you are starting from 11th. if you are in 12th standard, then bearing the pressure of boards and competitive exams is very difficult.

But then also, if you know your potential and think you can do it, this time only then definitely you should aim for it.
28th April 2015, 04:46 PM
poojasingh151

GATE means Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted at bachelor's degree level. You must have B.Tech passed or in final year to apply and appear for this exam.

Since you have not done B.Tech and have just passed 10+2, how can you start preparing for GATE when you have not studied the subjects of core stream of engineering.

After 10+2, you can give Joint Entrance Exam to get admission into IIT for Bachelor degree of technology.

The second option for you: Get admission in private engineering college depending upon PCM % marks through direct admission and then pursue Bachelor's degree in technology and then appear for the GATE exam.
28th April 2015, 07:18 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course. GATE examination is only for eligible engineering graduates in India. This examination is held for M.E/M.Tech admissions in IITs.

Since, you have completed only 12th class, you can target for IIT JEE examination. It is a national level engineering entrance examination held for B.E/B.Tech admissions in IITs. This examiantion is conducted in two phases anmely Mains and advanced level.

Mains is for getting engineering seats at NITs and
Advanced level score is used for getting the same at IITs.
16th July 2015, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir'
i am a I.T.I (B.T.C) apprenticeship 3years course in machinist trade completed student. Can I start preparing for gate by now itself? I want to score very well in the exam to get into Itts.

please tell me.
17th July 2015, 09:36 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

GATE- Graduation Aptitude Test of Engineering
GATE paper consists of 100 marks
For Gate you have to prepare
1) mathematics
2) Aptitude and reasoning
3) current branch Core subjects
4) Verbal ability
Your idea is good ...
But first try to concentrate in 2 level to secure good rank in JEE
you better secure seat in IIT's
then after you can start gate preparation ..
10th July 2017, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th and now will be perceiving b.tech in mechanical engineering. I am very much interested in astronomy. What are different exams related to this field if i want job in india in field that I am interested in and how should be the preparation like when to start and which books to refer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?