25th January 2013, 10:37 PM
ankit_988

How to start preparation for GATE?

how & when to start preparation for gate 2016????..pleae provide to me the details

15th February 2013, 05:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for GATE?

Preparations for GATE exam can be started now onwards. Collect detailed exam syllabus, before starting exam preparations. Then set up a detailed time table and start exam preparations using reference books. Practice model questions as much as possible. Previous year’s question papers will also help you to clear the teat.
15th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Siva mechz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_988 View Post
how & when to start preparation for gate 2016????..pleae provide to me the details
hello friend,

**) I think you are in first year of engineering

****) then, listen carefully in subjects which is under your stream in engineering in class.

**) study in depth in all topics.

**) buy books from Arihant (or) G.K. (or) TMG publications which are standard.

*) all the best for your future.
15th February 2013, 09:23 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Cool Re: How to start preparation for GATE?

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Since you are aiming for the 2016 GATE then you need to start your preparation from the 3rd year of engineering itself.

So that you need to get the idea of how the topics are asked in the gate and based on that you need to prepare for the exam.

So plan from the 3rd year of your engineering itself by that it makes a good preparation for your gate exam.

Also if you want a good tips and good material you need to join any nice institution where you can get the guidance as well as the materials.

My friend joined the ACE coaching center for the GATE he secured AIR 5th rank in GATE 2011.

He lives near by home and i couldn't even qualify for the exam the reason was lack of preparation and guidance.He was benefited with good guidance and material provided by the institution.

So i would suggest all the aspirants to take a coaching from any good institute.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
15th February 2013, 10:09 PM
suvendum14

HI...
Yes it is the best time for you to start GATE preparation...

Try to cover 70% of the gate syllabus of your desired stream..
It will be more than enough for you..
Don't try to memorise anything without clear idea...
it will be waste of time...

Do revision and hard practice on regular basis...
Best book for Gate Exam...

Thanks...
Suvendu..
15th February 2013, 11:15 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to prepare for GATE examination, you need to prepare on all the topics of your academics.

The questions cannot be expected as any question can be asked for the examination.
Concentrate more on the problematic ones in your academics.

The best way to prepare for the examination is preparing on all the previous year papers so that you can score good marks in the examination.

It is better to cover the most topics for the examination.

Thank you,

All the best.
16th February 2013, 12:11 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

GATE EXAM PREPARATION

Gate exam has been the exam for admission to mtech programmes in most of the reputed colleges of India. In this exam, you have to be either in final year of engineering or otherwise you are passed your graduation of engg.

For preparing for this great exam where more than 10 lakhs applicants are received every year,some of the tips are mentioned below:

>> You can start preparing with the basic concepts and aptitude also, try to focus on the subjects which you are strong at,because there is negative marking,so be strong in what you are strong at.

>> All questions are multiple type,choose carefully,answers are given in such a way that you will be confused,try to clear the question clearly.

>> YOU can also read books of the following:

MADE EASY materials

GK publishers

GATE 10 year past year questions for practice.

With these things, you can crack the GATE easily with a little bit of hard work.

good luck.
16th February 2013, 12:40 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ....

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is the entrance exam for the admission for the M.Tech degree and even for getting into the PSU.

Now you can find the GATE syllabus form this link : http://gateforum.com/GATE_syllabus.php

Tips to prepare for the GATE exam :

If you really want to do the M.Tech or get into some PSUs then you have to start your preparation as early as possible.
The best time would be the end of the 2nd year and in the beginning of the 3rd year.

First follow the GATE syllabus properly and go through the topic that you have completed in the 2nd year.
Then after that you can simultaneously go through the topics that would be covering in the 3rd year and at the same time solve the questions.
Because questions solving is very important.

And after the 3rd year in the last year you have to brush up all the syllabus of gate altogether.

And even in the 3rd you can join any of the good coaching centre which prepared for the GATE exams like those of ACE academy , MADE Easy , Gate Forum etc.
They will properly guide you and provide you the necessary study material and practice papers which would help you a lot.

Hope this has answered your queries.

Best of luck for your future

Regards
~PRAVIR~
22nd October 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

How to start prepare for gate exam . I am doing b.e in aeronautical
23rd October 2013, 09:47 PM
danishkaila300993

Quote:
work hard from now ...try to solve the previous years question paper ..as much as u can according to ur syllabus
24th October 2013, 05:35 PM
google537

You can start it by Engineering 2nd year. Complete understanding of the subject is very important than getting marks in a semester exams.All the best.
4th February 2014, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

How i prepare for gate examination 2016?
I m in 2 nd year production
engineering...
Which book i preferred for it??

Is it same syllabus for mechanical and production or not??
5th August 2014, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in third year. and I had a year drop. I want to join psu's. and upto third year my aggregate is 55%. so am I eligible for psu entrance?
16th November 2014, 10:18 PM
eliteacademy

If you are going to attempt Gate Exam 2016 then you have to start your preparation from today itself. And for that you need a study material that will be available at elite academy as they also provide postal coaching for gate.
there contact address is:
84, Janmabhoomi Marg,
2nd Floor, Fort,
Mumbai - 400 001
India
17th March 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

I am a working parson . I get hardly 2 hours for prepare Gate exam . So, suggest me how to start for it .
19th March 2015, 05:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Hi;

You can start preparation from today only as you are going to give the examination next year then you must be in 3rd year of B.Tech now .So start going in details about the topic of your stream and also try to have some knowledge about the current affairs and also try to cover the previous year topic and try to solve he previous year GATE questions within the time limits as you have only few months left with you.
19th March 2015, 08:51 PM
violent viper

Quote:
Hi,

There is no separate preparation needed to crack GATE examination. You must understand all the engineering concepts available in your stream. You need to have analytical skills as well. So, whatever engineering subjects you learn during your graduation must be learnt with out any doubts and assumptions.

Before the commencement of GATE examination, you can fresh up whatever studied. You can take few month coaching at GATE FORUM or TIME or iGATE etc.,

Thank you.

20th March 2015, 12:33 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Through clearing gate exam you can enter in different IIT's and NIT's. for cracking gate exam you have to do labor hard.
Clearing gate is not a joke so be prepare for it and you can clear. pay heed on every subject and do previous year papers and saw the pattern of the paper.

Gate preparation can be done with 3rd year and final year and gate score is valid for 2 years.

well books by G.k publisher are good but in my opinion you should study from the notes of made easy they are very useful in cracking gate.
4th June 2015, 04:41 AM
Unregistered

Hey.. Plz tell me the one reference book for gate preparation .As i m 3rd yr student of ece brance. My previous covered topics were strong but need to revise that all but it is impossible for me to refered all books of previous yr. So plz tell me one book which have all the covered topics with detail of gate syllabus nd also the questions for solving...nd plz also tell me how to study for the preparation as i m not taking any coaching ..
21st August 2015, 06:41 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Dear Friend..

It's nice that you want to start your preparation for GATE exam..
If you want to prepare for GATE 2016 then you have to start you preparation as now because GATE syllabus is very vast and require at least 4 to 5 month for preparation and then you also require some time to practice some question paper..

Following are the tips you have to follow:
--first of all you have to grasp or clear your basics in your core subjects...
--try to solve questions as much as possible..
--make a proper time table and follow it..
--solve previous year question paper..

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?