10th July 2019, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I study MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

I have completed my B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry. Now, am I eligible to apply for any college for pursuing MBBS? Will I get direct 2nd year admission? Do I also need to write to any entrance?

12th July 2019, 06:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery. To get admission in the course , it is mandatory to appear and qualify in the NEET.

There is no lateral entry in the MBBS course. So, you are not eligible to get admission after the B.Sc course in 2nd year of the course.

You will become eligible to get admission only after qualifying in NEET and in the 1st year of the course.
12th July 2019, 06:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry?

You are eligible to get admission in MBBS course after B.Sc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry.

To get admission you will have to qualify in NEET conducted by NTA. There is no lateral entry in the course.
12th July 2019, 06:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and to pursue the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% (or 40% in case of reserved category candidates) aggregate from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your B.Sc. degree with Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry as subjects, you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree too as the minimum education required to pursue B.Sc. degree with above mentioned subject combination is same as that required to pursue MBBS degree course.

Further, to pursue MBBS degree course from any medical college of India, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as NEET, AIIMS or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?