13th May 2019, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MCA after completion of B.Com Honors?

I have completed my B.Com Honors. Now, I am attracted toward MCA. So, wanted to know if I am eligible to study MCA or not? I did not had either Mathematics or Computer Application/Science in my B.Com. Can I apply for MCA in any university under these circumstances?

21st May 2019, 08:17 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study MCA after completion of B.Com Honors?

MCA refers to Master of Computer Applications and it is a professional degree course with a very good career scope in software and IT industry.

The academic qualification required for pursuing MCA degree course is a B.Sc in Computer Science or Information Technology/ BCA or any other bachelor degree course with Mathematics as a main subject at least for a year of your degree course from a recognised university. Students having pursued Mathematics at their Class 12th level are also eligible to pursue the MCA degree course.

So, having completed your B.Com (Hons.) degree course, you are eligible to pursue MCA degree course, if you have pursued Mathematics at your Class 12th level.
22nd May 2019, 04:59 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MCA after completion of B.Com Honors?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year popular Post Graduation course having good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join MCA course is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

But one thing is compulsory that the candidate should have studied Mathematics subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

Admission would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam. Each and every University will conduct its own Entrance Exam in order to give admission for this course.

It is clear that you don't have Mathematics subject in your Graduation and you did not mention if you have Mathematics subject or not in your 10+2.

If yes, then you can start preparation for the Entrance Exam otherwise you are not eligible to join MCA course.

If you don't have Mathematics subject in 10+2 also, I think it is not a wise decision to go for MCA course because MCA contains huge Mathematics and programming languages which is not easy to learn without having any Mathematics background.

Moreover, while getting job opportunities as Fresher, companies will give preference to BCA candidates than B.Com candidates.

My suggestion for you is to go for MBA course. There are so many job opportunities even after completion of MBA course also.

The following specializations will be good for you in MBA course.
MBA in Finance
MBA in Accounting
MBA in Entrepreneurship Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?