28th July 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech in any AICTE approved college after doing diploma from UGC and Ministry of HRD approved college?

i am doing diploma from ugc and ministry of hrd approved college,but the college is not AICTE approved.I want to know that after doing diploma can I take admission in b.tech in any AICTE approved college in 2nd year?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Tirunelveli approved by UGC? Will there be a problem if the college is approved only by NAAC?
  2. Names of some AICTE approved colleges? I have completed diploma in AICTE approved college
  3. Will there be a problem if my MBA institute is accredited by NAAC with A++ and not approved by AICTE?
  4. List of AICTE approved college or unvesrsity for correspondence B.Tech in Electrical after three years diploma?
  5. Is ICE Delhi University AICTE, UGC, HRD approved?
  6. College is not AICTE approved but UGC approved -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Names of some AICTE approved colleges?
  8. How many M.Pharm colleges are there in AP? How many seats are available?
  9. Is a candidate, who completed management from UGC approved college but not an AICTE approved, eligible to apply for government sectors(like Bank)?
  10. List of M.Pharma colleges in AP providing stipend for the rank of 3438?
  11. Is Swami Vivekanand University (MP) approved by AICTE and UGC for doing Mechanical diploma course?
  12. Can i get GATE scholarship in non-AICTE approved college?
  13. List of M.Pharma colleges in AP providing stipend for the rank of 3438?
  14. UGC recognized private universities have the same weightage as AICTE approved college?
  15. Diploma from Government Medical College, Amritsar is approved by AICTE & UGC?
  16. Names of some AICTE approved colleges for distance education in Pune and Maharashtra?
  17. Previous years question papers of WBSEDCL Assistant engineering IT and CS?
  18. School of Engineering and Technology Jain University is AICTE approved? -- [New]
8th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech in any AICTE approved college after doing diploma from UGC and Ministry of HRD approved college?

i want join addmission BTech civil
15th December 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I take admission in B.Tech in any AICTE approved college after doing diploma from UGC and Ministry of HRD approved college?

IF I JOIN KARNATAKA STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY FOR B TECH (MECHANICAL) CAN I RETURN THIS COURSE VALUE IN PVT
FIRM OR GOVT JOB . AND KARNATAKA STATE OPEN UNIVERSITY IS HRD LISTED OR NOT .PLZ REPLY [email protected].
11th March 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in B.Tech in any AICTE approved college after doing diploma from UGC and Ministry of HRD approved college?
12th March 2013, 01:21 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since your college is approved by the University Grants Commission, I don't think there will be any issue in applying for the Bachelor of Technology course. Any college which offers admission to diploma candidates will happily accept you.

However there are some exceptions. Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology do not accept diploma candidates through lateral entry admission scheme. I will explain it in the answer.

The lateral entry scheme is specifically for the diploma in engineering candidates. You can take admission directly in the second year of Bachelor of Technology course. Such candidates are also not required to appear for entrance exams such as:

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

BITSAT

UPSEE

ISEET

However the big drawback as I mentioned earlier is that you can not take admission in IIT and NIT. These institutes do not offer lateral entry admission. You have to appear for the entrance exam for the admission.

Unfortunately since the diploma students do not have completed 12th standard, they are not eligible to appear in the entrance exams. Anyway since you can get admission directly into second year, there is no point going after NIT or IIT. There are some very good colleges that would offer you admission.

The procedure of lateral entry admission varies from college to college. Several colleges who reserve some seats for the diploma candidates offer these seats through entrance exam known as Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

LEET entrance exam is conducted in various states across the country. To appear you must have at least 60 percent marks in diploma course. Some universities prefer to conduct their own entrance exams as well.
26th January 2014, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

If i do b.tech from Pinnacle Institute of technology and management, this university under Rajasthan University is that valuable for any country?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?