19th November 2017, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I take arts course in college after completion of 12th with science stream in 2018?

Can I take arts course in college after completion of 12th with science stream in 2018? Am going to apply for the college course next year, so can you please guide me with the right details for the same. Hope that I will get the answer soon from here. Thanks!

Related Questions:
20th November 2017, 07:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take arts course in college after completion of 12th with science stream in 2018?

As per the eligibility criteria, a candidate who has passed 12th standard with PCM or PCB can apply for Bachelor of Arts. A science candidate is eligible to apply for Arts stream.
Admission is done through the merit list in most of the colleges on the basis of 12th percentage.
20th November 2017, 07:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take arts course in college after completion of 12th with science stream in 2018?

Yes, definitely if you have passed your 10 + 2 with science stream then you can join arts stream in graduation.
In most of the government as well as private colleges, the admission is made on the basis of 12th percentage.
20th November 2017, 08:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take Arts course in college after completion of your 12th standard with Science stream in 2018. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Bachelor's degree in Arts. No state level entrance examination is conducted for offering admission in Arts course. Only some top educational institutes conducts their own entrance examination for offering admission in Arts course. Since, you have passed 12th standard with Science stream, you are eligible to take admission in Arts course.
20th November 2017, 09:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study Arts for pursuing your higher studies even if you pass your 12th standard with Science stream in 2018. To be eligible to pursue Arts course, you should have passed Intermediate or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in undergraduate Arts course are done through merit basis of Intermediate examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, once you pass your 12th standard in 2018, you are eligible to apply for admission to Arts course.
20th November 2017, 09:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Arts stream after completion of 12th with Science stream.

Candidates are eligible to change their stream after 12th stream. But Arts stream candidates are not eligible to get admission in science course.

The best available courses are :-

B.Com.

B.A History.

B.A Economics.

B.A Political Science.

B.A. LLB.
20th November 2017, 10:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to join Arts stream after 12th:

One who has completed 10 + 2 in any stream is eligible to join Arts stream for doing his or her graduation from a recognised University.

The candidate should have completed 10 + 2 with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of five percent is given to reserved categories.

You have completed your 10 + 2 with science stream so, you are eligible to pursue your graduation in Arts stream
20th November 2017, 11:28 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for arts course in college after completing 10+2 in science stream, because to apply for bachelor of arts degree minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 in Science, Arts, Commerce stream from government recognized institute with minimum 50% minimum marks obtained. Here below are details regarding specialization courses for bachelors degree in arts:-

Specialization Courses in BA (Bachelor of Arts) Course:-
  • Political science.
  • Sanskrit.
  • Sociology.
  • Public administration.
  • History.
  • Hindi.
  • English.
  • German.
  • French.
  • Library science.
  • Education.
  • Economics.

So these above mentioned are some specialization offered in BA degree course after 10+2 and duration of BA course is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?