7th July 2017, 11:18 AM
abdulshariff

Can I take commerce course based on 10th marks if I have failed in PCM?

I am science student and I got failed in PCM but can I take commerce stream through 10th marks basis and can I get admissions because I don't think I can keep up with science now? It will be helpful if you can provide me the details soon. Thank you!

9th July 2017, 07:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take commerce course based on 10th marks if I have failed in PCM?

Having failed in your Class 12th with PCM group I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for pursuing any degree course with any stream without clearing your Class 12th papers.

Further I would like to let you know that you can start your Class 11th and Class 12th again with Commerce stream on the basis of your Class 10th as for any higher secondary school degree only a Class 10th passed certificate is required.
9th July 2017, 07:37 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take commerce course based on 10th marks if I have failed in PCM?

Yes, you can take Commerce course based on 10th marks even if you have failed in 12th standard PCM stream. Candidates who have passed 10th standard in all subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to get admission for pursuing Commerce course. Admission in commerce stream are done through merit basis of 10th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective school/ college.
9th July 2017, 10:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to take commerce stream at 12th level:

You must have passed in all subjects of 10th board. If you want to change stream from science to commerce, you can take commerce stream based on marks in 10th.

You will have to take fresh admission in standard 11th in commerce stream.
10th July 2017, 06:17 PM
stylesclash
Junior Member+

You can't directly get admission in 12 the commerce after failing in 12th science. However you can take admission in 11th in commerce stream on the basis of your 10th marks .
After your 11th in commerce you will obviously get admission in 12th commerce.
11th July 2017, 09:55 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you are not interested in pursuing 12th with science stream you can change your stream.

But, you have to start it from 11th onward with commerce stream.

The admission in the stream is offered on basis of merit on last qualifying examination ( 10th) or entrance test.
11th July 2017, 11:29 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

You have to reappear in class 10th board examination as you have failed in PCM subject.
There is no provision of changing the board at class 10th level , so you have to clear all subjects then you can change board at class 11th.

**** If you are weak in science subject , study all its important concept and practice all numerical problem. Also practice the pass 10 year paper of science subject which will help you in clearing your doubt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?