18th June 2022, 11:50 AM
Tusi Das sws

Can I take English as 1st subject and Bengali as 2nd language in WBCHSE affiliated Bengali medium school

I wan to get admitted in a Bengali medium school previously I was in icse board can I take English as 1st language and Bengali as 2nd language in wbchse affiliated Bengali medium school

8th November 2022, 11:01 PM
Aradrika Sharma

Default Re: Can I take English as 1st subject and Bengali as 2nd language in WBCHSE affiliated Bengali medium school

Students will now have the freedom to choose their first, second and third languages. If a student selects either Bengali or Hindi or English or Nepali or any other language as his/her first language, he/she will have to select two either languages, one of which has to be Bengali. With Bengali selected as one of the languages, the student will have the freedom to choose any other languages as the remaining two languages. So, there is no such norms by the Government to select Bengali as their first language but yes, its compulsory to study Bengali language either as a second or third language.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?