9th October 2019, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I write PGT without B.Ed degree course?

I have completed my MA in History but I have not done B.Ed as of now. So, am I eligible to apply and write the PGT entrance examination? Or, will I have to complete B.Ed as well?

14th October 2019, 10:28 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I write PGT without B.Ed degree course?

To write PGT exam , B.ed is compulsory. Without having a B.ed course you will not be eligible for PGT.
=> Eligibility criteria for PGT examination
1. Candidates must have completed a Masters course.
with 50% average marks from a recognised board or University
2. Candidates must have a B.ed course
3. Candidates must be a citizen of India.
4. Candidate's age should be 21years to 40 years.
15th October 2019, 02:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write PGT without B.Ed degree course?

Having not completed your B.Ed. degree course, you are not eligible to apply for PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) recruitment as to apply for the same recruitment one is required to have completed his/her Postgraduation degree in concerned discipline followed by B.Ed. or any equivalent teacher training degree course from a recognised university.

So, having completed your M.A. in History, you are certainly required to pursue B.Ed. degree course too in order to be eligible for PGT recruitment as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?