27th June 2012, 12:13 AM
ASINGH4

Can I write paper of IAS/IES or degree level exam after completing degree from IME institution of Mechanical engineers(Distance)

i have completed my degree from IME institutation of mechanical engineers {distance} so can i write paper of ias / ies or degree level exam.

plz tel me on 07894455671

or [email protected]

Related Questions:
7th July 2012, 11:51 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write paper of IAS/IES or degree level exam after completing degree from IME institution of Mechanical engineers(Distance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASINGH4 View Post
i have completed my degree from IME institutation of mechanical engineers {distance} so can i write paper of ias / ies or degree level exam.

plz tel me on 07894455671

or [email protected]
Yes, you can write IAS exam after completing your engineering degree.

According to eligibility criteria, you need to be a graduate either from a regular course or through correspondence course , it doesnt matter.

Another requirement is, you must be atleast 21 years old and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for sc/st/OBC candidates.

Being a mechamnical engineer, you can chose one subject as mechanical engineering, other can be public ad, geography etc. But dont choose maths as subject, because two engineering subjects are not allowed.

Other than these, you have to select two languages, there will be one essay exam, so you must be good at wrtting skills.

So, start preparing, next year notification will come in February. Your preliminary exam will be May, 2013.

The Notification will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website every year and you have to fill the application form online only, No offline application form facility is there. So please read the notification properly before filling the online application form and if you want more details, then please check official website.

upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?