21st December 2016, 04:28 PM
Aqcb

Can a MCA through lateral entry apply for GATE exam?

Hello sir, I have completed MCA through lateral entry. Am I eligible to apply for GATE exam if have completed MCA through lateral entry? Terms and condition for me?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for MCA lateral entry after doing MCA? I am a graduate in BSc computer science
  2. Can I be eligible for M.Tech after doing BSc in computer science
  3. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  5. How to get admission in MCA? How long does it takes to complete the course? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry MCA?
  6. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  7. Do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry for MCA after completing BCA?
  8. Does Anna University provide any lateral entry for MCA students? Procedure to apply for lateral entry in Anna University?
  9. Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?
  10. Which is the best course after doing BCA?
  11. Am I eligible for lateral entry in 3rd semester of MCA regular?
  12. How to become a master of engineer and technology? I am a graduate in computer science(BCS)
  13. Lateral entry to MCA is possible having a year gap after BCA?
  14. Difference between 3 years MCA and Lateral Entry MCA? Any disadvantage of studying in Lateral Entry MCA compared to 3 years MCA?
  15. How can I get admission to study B.Tech after completing Diploma in IT?
  16. How much should I score in B.Tech to get lateral entry in M.Tech? How can I apply for lateral entry?
  17. Can I do B.Tech abroad after completing diploma 3 years course?
  18. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
21st December 2016, 07:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a MCA through lateral entry apply for GATE exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The eligibility criteria for GATE examination is:

*The academic qualification for this exam is Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science, computer application, mathematics from a recognized institute.

*MCA through lateral entry candidates can apply for GATE examination. The important dates for GATE 2017 is over now.
22nd December 2016, 09:51 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can a MCA through lateral entry apply for GATE exam?

Hello,

You can appear in Gate exam if you have qualified the full time bachelor degree in Engineering.As you have mentioned that you have done a MCA through lateral entry, you are eligible for GATE if you have proper qualified certificates of the exam.

Eligibility for the GATE exam---
1- Bachelor degree holder in Engineering/Technology(4 years after 10+3)
2- A final year engineering student can also apply .
3- Master degree in branch of science/maths /computers.

For more information on admission and eligibility of GATE kindly visit www.gate.iisc.ernet.in

Thanks
22nd December 2016, 06:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This competitive entrance examination is conducted by IIT or IISC every year for admission of candidates in Master of Technology.

1. Academic qualification for this exam:

You must have done bachelor's degree in technology or master's degree in science or mathematics or computer application can apply for GATE exam.

Candidates who have got admission in M.Tech through Lateral Entry are eligible for GATE examination.

2. There is no upper age limit or limit on number of attempts in this examination.
22nd December 2016, 08:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for GATE exam if you have passed your Master of Computer Application course through lateral entry.
So you have to start your preparation because to apply for GATE exam candidate must have completed MCA through lateral entry or correspondence or regular mode.
22nd December 2016, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqcb View Post
Hello sir, I have completed MCA through lateral entry. Am I eligible to apply for GATE exam if have completed MCA through lateral entry? Terms and condition for me?
Yes, you are eligible for GATE entrance exam because you have completed MCA degree.

Those who have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are eligible for GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?