20th February 2016, 12:20 AM
Archit sareen

Lateral entry to MCA is possible having a year gap after BCA?

Sir, if a student drop a year after bca then the lateral entry for that students are possible or not...and what is the fee structure of MCA lateral entry?

Related Questions:
  1. Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?
  2. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  3. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry after doing BCA in Tamilnadu Open University?
  5. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry for Anna University? I have done BCA lateral entry in tamilnadu open university
  6. Which are the colleges providing lateral entry in MCA from BCA holder? What is the syllabus?
  7. Am I eligible for lateral entry in 3rd semester of MCA regular?
  8. How to take MCA as part time after completing BCA? Which are the universities offering lateral entry scheme
  9. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
  10. Difference between 3 years MCA and Lateral Entry MCA? Any disadvantage of studying in Lateral Entry MCA compared to 3 years MCA?
  11. Details for difference between BCA and BCA lateral entry?
  12. Can I take admission for MCA after completing BCA in Bharatheiyar University in Lateral Entry Mode
  13. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  14. Admission in Later Entry MCA through PTU
  15. Will there be any Lateral Entry Scheme into 2nd year of BCA after completion of 3 years Diploma in Computer Science?
  16. How to apply for MCA lateral entry after doing MCA? I am a graduate in BSc computer science
  17. Can I get admission in MCA through lateral entry after distance mode BCA and regular BCA?
  18. Can I get direct admission to study B.E. after completing BCA?
20th February 2016, 08:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Lateral entry to MCA is possible having a year gap after BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archit sareen View Post
Sir, if a student drop a year after bca then the lateral entry for that students are possible or not...and what is the fee structure of MCA lateral entry?
Lateral entry exam is not conducted for MCA course. So after completion of BCA course, you can study MCA course from 1st semester.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for MCA course but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

Your age should be above 16 years.
21st February 2016, 02:40 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Lateral Entry MCA admission. Many universities offer lateral entry mca admission.

Eligibility
You must have passed graduation in BCA , B.Sc with Maths subject at 12th with atleast 50% from a recognized university.
- You will have to qualify the entrance exam also.

Exam Syllabus
- Maths
- Reasoning Ability
- Computing Concepts

List of Colleges Offering MCA Lateral Entry
- School of Management Science , Varanasi
- Lovely Professional University
- Annamalai University
- Shobhit University
- Chitkara University , Chandigarh
- IMS University , Ghaziabad
- Amrita University
13th January 2020, 06:38 AM
Unregistered

I had completed B.Sc(IT) in 2018. Now, in 2020 , am I eligible to take lateral entry in MCA, in Graphic Era hill university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?