27th July 2012, 06:17 PM
mestryakshata

Can my son become IT engineer after HSc commerce?

can my son become a IT Engineer after HSC Commerce? Pl. advice

12th October 2012, 08:49 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my son become IT engineer after HSc commerce?

Here is the question which you need to think answer. Does he want to do Engineering in IT related course or he just want to do a good course related to IT field?

If the answer is Engineering then I am sorry your son can't do that with commerce stream. He will have to pass the 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the subjects to get admission for the Engineering course.

There are two courses in Engineering that are particularly related to computers. First one is B.Tech in IT and other one is B.Tech in Computer Science. You can also take the Electronics and Communication Engineering course if you would like.

But as I mentioned earlier, you will have to do complete 12th in Science stream to do that. Therefore this option is out of question.

Now if your son is desperate to get into the field of computers here is what he needs to do. Firstly complete 12th with Maths as one of the subjects. Then he can take Bachelor of Computer Applications course. He will require at least 50-60 percent marks in 12th standard to be eligible for BCA.

There are various entrance exams for admission into BCA. Once he has completed BCA, ask him to appear for entrance exams for admission into Master of Computer Applications. MCA is the course related to programming languages, networking, harware etc. He can seek all the jobs which Computer Science Engineer can seek in the private sector which MCA degree.

If you are choosing the option of MCA, make sure your son maintains at least 60/65 percent marks throughout the academic career. It means 60/65 percent marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation. This is the basic requirement of almost all top IT companies. Here is the list:

Microsoft

IBM

Wipro

Infosys

Google

TCS

Tech Mahindra

Satyam

HCL
12th October 2012, 12:15 PM
Das Reshma

Thumbs up Re: Can my son become IT engineer after HSc commerce?

iF YOU NEED TO GET INTO IT FIELD THEN WOULD BE BETTER THAT YOU HAVE OPTED THE COMPUTER SCIENCE BRANCH FOR HSc.CURRENT REPORTS SHOW THAT IT SECTOR IS IN SERIOUS LOSS.THERE ARE LOTS & LOADS OF JOBS IN COMMERCE FIELD ALSO.lET YOUR SON TRY FOR THAT TOO.GETTING INTO GOVERNMENT JOBS AS BANK EMPLOYEES AND ALL IS EASY WITH COMMERCE STUDENTS.OF ALL THE THING IS WHICHEVER BRANCH OF STUDY HE CHOOSES HE CAN DO BETTER IF HIS INTEREST IS PERFECT ALONG WITH HARDWORK.SO GIVE HIM PROPER ADVISE AND PROVIDE WITH ADEQUATE ENTRANCE COACHING FOR GETTING INTO ENGINEERING COLLEGES.ALL THE BEST.
12th October 2012, 02:08 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestryakshata View Post
can my son become a IT Engineer after HSC Commerce? Pl. advice
Dear,

With HSC in commerce your son cannot take admission in any engineering course as for engineering it is required to pass 12th with physics , chemistry and maths.

However, to become and IT professional there are other ways too. But for that maths is necessary in 12th. So, is you son has maths as his subject in 12th he can go for BCA which is next to B.tech and after that he can go for MCA. MCA is equivalent to B.tech or B.E in computer science or IT. He can apply for the post of software engineer in top IT companies like:
  1. GOOGLE
  2. MICROSOFT
  3. TCS
  4. WIPRO
  5. INFOSYS
  6. HCL
  7. TECH MAHINDRA
...etc

However if he does not have maths in 12th then he cannot go for any of these course. But he canstill make a good career in commerce field through various ourses like:
  1. CA
  2. BBA
  3. HOTEL MANAGEMENT
  4. FASHION DESIGNING
  5. BBM
...etc

Best of luck!
30th November 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/ madam
Greeting fot the day.
I badly need your intention on this

can i do Engering after HSC commerce stream
18th July 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 1st year honours in english.But I want to study in technology.how can I do that?
4th September 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

can my brother become IT engineer After HSC commerce (no Maths)
4th September 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

can my brother become IT engineer After HSC commerce (NO Maths).?
8th October 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have done my H.S.C in commerce and I am completing my Computer Software Engineering Course like programming language, .net, c , c etc, but I am just worried and want to ask that will I get a job??? or I need to complete B.C.A as well????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?