5th November 2018, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a NIOS candidate apply for JEE Main examination?

I'm a NIOS student studying to complete my Intermediate. I also aspire to give the JEE Main exam. So, just wanted to know if I'm eligible to apply for it or not?

11th November 2018, 12:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a NIOS candidate apply for JEE Main examination?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course such as B.Tech/B.Arch degree course across CFTIs (Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology) such as IIT, IIIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private technical colleges.

Further, JEE is conducted once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

The minimum education required to apply for JEE Main is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education. For seeking admission in CFTIs, the minimum marks required in Class 12th is 75% ( or 65% in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates ).

So, having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board which is one of the three national board of education in India, you are eligible for appearing in JEE Main if you have completed your Class 12th in above specified subject and with above mentioned minimum marks.

For more details regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
12th November 2018, 02:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is a central government recognized board. Its secondary and senior secondary certificates are valid for competitive exams and higher studies.

You are eligible for JEE Main exam after 12th from NIOS board.
12th November 2018, 08:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for JEE Main Exam.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling which is recognized by Government of India just like other Boards (CBSE, ISC, State Boards).

You will have to go through all formalities just like other Board students like filling application form, entrance test, counselling, etc. There is no such discrimination for NIOS candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?