18th October 2017, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Can one do genetic engineering though he has PCB in 12th standard?

I'm in 12th and I have PCM in 11th also I had PCM now after 12th can I do genetic engineering? Can someone please provide me with the information on the same soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
19th October 2017, 01:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can one do genetic engineering though he has PCB in 12th standard?

To be eligible to study Genetic Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology or Bachelor's degree in Science or Molecular biology from a Government recognised board/ university. Since, you didn't have biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue Genetic Engineering course.
19th October 2017, 04:15 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in 12th and I have PCM in 11th also I had PCM now after 12th can I do genetic engineering? Can someone please provide me with the information on the same soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for genetic engineering after completing your 10+2 in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology subject. Here below are details regarding genetic engineering courses after 10+2:-

>> After 10+2 as you are interested in genetic engineering, then you can apply for courses like BE/ B.Tech genetic engineering.

>> Duration of bachelors degree in genetic engineering is 4 years that are subdivided into 8 semesters that is 2 semesters per year.

Institutes Offer BE/B.Tech Courses in Genetic Engineering:-

1) Satyabama University, Chennai

2) Indian Institute of Scienec, Bangalore

3) Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna

4) SRM University, Kanchipuram
19th October 2017, 04:40 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study genetic engineering after completing 12th class in PCB. The full details are given below.

Genetic engineering is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 - 4 years. This course deals with the genetics and modern technology of DNA.

The eligibility required for studying genetic engineering course is to complete 10+2 or equivalent education in Physics, mathematics, biology and chemistry with 50% from any recognised board.

The admission process varies based on the state and university. There are few entrance exams conducted by different states and universities. You need to attend any entrance exam and qualify in that exam is that you can get admission in the university.
19th October 2017, 05:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed 12th standard with PCB so you are not eligible for genetic engineering course.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board with above 50% marks are eligible for genetic engineering course and age should not be less than 17 years.
19th October 2017, 05:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per the eligibility criteria, aspirants who are interested to join genetic engineering must have completed 12th standard with PCM but you have completed your 12th standard with PCB so you are not eligible to join this course.
19th October 2017, 08:45 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have PCM that is Physics, Chemistry and Maths in Intermediate then you are eligible to pursue Engineering in any of the stream. But first of all you have to clear entrance examination like IIT, NIT etc. to get admission in good colleges.
As per your rank you will get stream. To get stream of own choice i.e Genetic Engineering you need to labour hard to get that much rank because if you get low rank then you will get only some of the sectors. To get a seat in one of the good colleges you need to labour hard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?