8th November 2018, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Can an undergraduate apply for NEET and AIIMS exam?

I have passed 12th with PCB/M with 60%. I'm in 3rd year of college and 22 year old pursing Bachelor of Computer Application. Although I'm good at programming I think I made a bad decision toward my future. I have prepared for NEET and AIIMS. Am I eligible as in 2019 i'll pass BCA?

12th November 2018, 08:22 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an undergraduate apply for NEET and AIIMS exam?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET and AIIMS examination being a 12th standard PCB candidate. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NEET and AIIMS examination. The age limit to apply for NEET and AIIMS examination is 18 to 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
13th November 2018, 07:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test while AIIMS MBBS entrance examination and these examinations are held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses across any medical college of India and AIIMS respectively.

The minimum education required to appear in these examination is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 60% marks in case of AIIMS ) from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your Class 12th in PCMB group with 60% marks, you are eligible for appearing in the NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination regardless of your higher degree qualification.

For more details regarding NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examinations, you can refer to their respective official links which are www.nta.ac.in and www.aiimsexams.org respectively.
14th November 2018, 03:01 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates pursuing in bachelor degree or passed are eligible for NEET or AIIMS examination.

The eligibility to appear for NEET or AIIMS examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing in 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination varies with examination.

The application form for NEET is available now. So, you are eligible to appear in the examination.
14th November 2018, 03:14 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed 12th from Science stream having Biology, Physics, Chemistry as main subject then only you will be eligible to write NEET and AIIMS entrance examination.
Age limit- minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age limit required to appear in entrance examination should be 25 years.
If you are following this criteria then you are eligible to write entrance examination.
14th November 2018, 05:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET and AIIMS exam:

1. You must have passed 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

2. The age limit is 17-25 years.

You can apply for 2019 if you are within mentioned age limit of NEET exam.
14th November 2018, 06:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

AIIMS stands for All India Institute for Medical science.

You can apply for NEET and AIIMS exam in 3rd year of BCA if you have studied PCB subjects and secured 60% marks in 12th.

The age criteria is 17-25 years.
15th November 2018, 08:06 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET and AIIMS stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science. Candidates who have done 12th from a recognized board with PCB subjects and secured 50% for NEET and 60% for AIIMS in 12th board exam can apply.

The upper age criteria for this exam is 25 years. BCA candidate pursuing third year of graduation with PCB subjects in 12th and has scored 60% marks can apply for NEET and AIIMS exam in 2019.
15th November 2018, 06:51 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The age criteria for exam is 17-25 years.

If your age is within this limit while pursuing third year of BCA course then you can apply for NEET and AIIMS exams.

The eligibility criteria is 12th passed with PCB subjects and minimum of 60% marks. You are meeting this criteria.
15th November 2018, 10:01 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for NEET or an UG course at the AIIMS is the candidate must not have attained the age of 21 years.

Since you have exceeded the limit, you are not eligible for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?