11th February 2020, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Can we apply for CDS OTA while being in 3rd year of degree course?

I want to know that at the time of August registration form of CDS OTA I will just appear in 3rd year of graduation. So, am I eligible for applying this form or not in the upcoming session?

13th February 2020, 08:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply for CDS OTA while being in 3rd year of degree course?

If your bachelor degree of three year course, then candidates pursuing in the final year of course are eligible to appear in the CDS examination.

CDS is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The age limit is 19-25 years. Examination is conducted two stages. Two stages are :-

Written.

SSB.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2020, 12:18 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Yes, final year candidates of under graduation are eligible for applying against CDS exam.
15th February 2020, 12:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination to join its OTA (Officer's Training Academy) wing, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible.

So, you will be eligible to apply for CDS examination once you get into the final year of your graduation degree.

For complete details regarding the CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?