3rd August 2020, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Can we apply for LLB on the basis of Post Graduation instead of Graduation?

I am Post Graduate with 50% but my Graduate marks is below 45%. I heard that for LLB we must have minimum 50% in Graduation which I do not have. So, can I apply for LLB on the basis of my Post Graduation score of 50%?

5th August 2020, 12:34 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Default Re: Can we apply for LLB on the basis of Post Graduation instead of Graduation?

LLB Eligibility Criteria is that candidates need to be graduates in any subject/ discipline in order to pursue an LLB course. Some colleges demands a minimum percentage requirement that candidates need to fulfil in order to get admission in the LLB course. The minimum percentage requirement for General category candidates ranges from 45% to 55% and for SC/ST category candidates it ranges between 35% to 45%.
So, depending upon the college in which you want to take admission do research about it.
And yes, the marks you get in your pg doesn't matter. Admission in 3 year llb is on the basis of graduation.
5th August 2020, 02:34 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can we apply for LLB on the basis of Post Graduation instead of Graduation?

---yes ,if you are applying for LLB job after post graduation then your PG marks would be considered .

---LLB job notification has opened you can apply :-

1) Government of Tamil Nadu as Legal Support Officer (qualification :- LLB,LLM )in
Chennai ( last date to apply 12-08-2020 ).

2)NCW as Assistant Law Officer ( qualification :- LLB ) in New Delhi (last date to apply
27-08-2020 ).

3)VWDT as Court Master ( qualification :- LLB,LLM) in New Delhi (last date to apply is
29-09-2020 )

4)ESIC as Advocate (qualification :-LLB,LLM) in Hyderabad (last date to apply is
21/08/2020)
5th August 2020, 02:47 PM
SHIMNA T

45 % is the minimum marks required to eligible for llb. That you have already scored. Even though it depends upon the country and colleges that you are looking for your higher studies.. But you can't apply with your post graduation instead.
5th August 2020, 05:09 PM
Subhishna

No, you cannot. Either you can apply for 5 year integrated LLB course on the basis of your 12th mark or for 3 year LLB course on the basis of your degree mark. Your marks in post graduation will not be considered.
5th August 2020, 08:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in LLB course on the basis of post graduation course.

LLB is three year course. The minimum eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course. There is no upper age limit to get admission in the course.
6th August 2020, 08:24 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Can we apply for LLB on the basis of Post Graduation instead of Graduation?

Minimum 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation to become eligible to join LLB degree program atsome Universities. So, if you do a post-graduate degree i.e. an MA/MSc/MCom with 50%, you can still join LLB on the basis of your PG marks even if you don't have 40% in graduate degree.
17th December 2021, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am OBC category and my marks in graduation below 42% can I eligible for LLB on the basis of post graduate degree?
22nd January 2022, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

I have 40 percent in Graduation but 55 percent in M.A ..Am I eligible to take admission in 3 years LLB
8th October 2022, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

I am llb three years session 2022-23. My marks
Is 45% to below in B A. But I am MBA passed Ist devision. Is My admission for MBA Bases three year LLB course.
11th January 2023, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachariah View Post
Minimum 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation to become eligible to join LLB degree program atsome Universities. So, if you do a post-graduate degree i.e. an MA/MSc/MCom with 50%, you can still join LLB on the basis of your PG marks even if you don't have 40% in graduate degree.
Sir i am from general catogery candidate secured in B Com 44.16% and in M Com 62% want to take addmission in LLB Three Year Course.Now BCI rule says minimum 45% than my LLB degree will invalidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?