27th January 2018, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Ed course on the basis of Post Graduation results?

I got 45% in Graduation but 70%in Post Graduation. So, can I apply for B.Ed course on the basis of my Post Graduation percentage? Is there any entrance exam being conducted at national level for B.Ed?

31st January 2018, 07:24 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Ed course on the basis of Post Graduation results?

The full form of B.Ed is Bachelor of Education.

The eligibility criteria for this course is:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university is minimum qualification required for this course. You should have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree to be eligible for this course.

You can not apply for B.Ed course on basis of percentage of marks secured in master's degree.
31st January 2018, 09:15 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Ed course on the basis of Post Graduation results?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education course. It is a Teacher Training course. This is compulsory for different Teacher recruitment examination. No, you can not apply for B.Ed course on basis of Post Graduation percentage of marks.

The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for B.Ed course is 50% in bachelor's degree. It is 45% for SC/ST candidates. If you are from SC/ST category then only you can apply for examination otherwise not.
31st January 2018, 09:23 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for Bachelor of Education course after securing only 45% marks in Bachelor's degree. As per rules of B.Ed course, admission can be granted on basis of graduation marks not on post graduation marks.

Your percentage of marks in master's degree is of no relevance in case of eligibility for Bachelor of Education course.
31st January 2018, 09:24 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission to B.Ed course. B.Ed is Bachelor in Education course and it is of two years duration.

The required common eligibility for admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or master degree with minimum 50%.

So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
31st January 2018, 10:54 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Ed course. The course is crucial for candidates who want to get job in teaching sector.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that:-

Candidate must have passed minimum bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in undergraduate or postgraduate course.

There is no common entrance test at national level for admission in course. Candidates have to qualify in admission test conducted by various university for admission.
31st January 2018, 12:43 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

The requirements for B.Ed course is:

Academic qualification: Graduation from a recognized university of India.

Percentage of marks required for B.Ed course: 50% marks in bachelor's degree. It is 5% relaxed for SC/ST candidates.

You can not apply for B.Ed course on basis of percentage of marks in post graduation. Your bachelor's degree marks will be taken into account for B.Ed course.
31st January 2018, 04:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) and to get admission in the course the required minimum eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The required aggregate to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor or master degree with minimum 50%.

So, you can appear for entrance examination. Yes, the entrance examination is conducted by universities for admission to the university. No, national level entrance test.
31st January 2018, 05:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for B.Ed course on the basis of Post Graduation marks. To be eligible to pursue B.Ed course, you should have passed graduation course in Science/ Commerce/ Arts stream from a Government recognised university with minimum aggregate of 50% marks. Relaxation of 5% marks is applicable to SC/ ST category candidates as per government rules. Admissions in B.Ed course are done through entrance examination or admission test conducted by the respective college/ university.
31st January 2018, 06:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course.

*Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

*Minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50%.

You can not take admission in Bachelor of Education on basis of percentage of marks in post graduation.
31st January 2018, 06:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Candidates can apply for B.Ed on the basis of marks obtained in graduation. You are not allowed to apply on Post Graduation marks.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation. But for OBC/SC/SC candidates there are relaxation of 5% marks.
If you belong to general category then it is not possible to get admission.
31st January 2018, 07:42 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge, you can not apply for B.Ed course on the basis of your post-graduation marks. You have to apply for B.Ed course on the basis of your graduation marks. You can only show that you have post-graduation degree also but the admission will be held on the basis of your graduation certificates.

Entrance examinations will be conducted individually by the educational bodies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?