29th June 2010, 12:13 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?

sir/mam
can we do MBA in 4th year of BTECH, actually i was thinking that doing btech in 4th year i will apply for MBA side by side i will complete my BTECH in next year i will compete MBA . cAN I DO SO? or firstly i have to complete my btech?

20th July 2011, 10:03 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidh View Post
sir/mam
can we do MBA in 4th year of BTECH, actually i was thinking that doing btech in 4th year i will apply for MBA side by side i will complete my BTECH in next year i will compete MBA . cAN I DO SO? or firstly i have to complete my btech?
Dear friend you can,t do MBA in the same year ......

Because you have in one time only one certificate is valid that,s why this type of rule is not available here.............

That,s why first you complete your B,tech and then try for another course.............
20th July 2011, 10:37 AM
SuyashKumar

Default Re: Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?

Quote:
sir/mam
HIIIIIIII.......
You can do MBA side by side with your proper B.Tech course. you can just take addmission in private institute as well as distance learning institute such as SIKKIM MANIPAL, IGNOU etc. And you can do B.tech with side by side MBA.

But my suggestion to you that you do MBA Course after completing B.tech degree. If you do MBA with you final year of B.Tech then there are lots of pressure on your mind because in last year of b.tech you have many projects and assignments, and as well as at the time of examination you will also have prepared for MBA 1st year/ 2nd semester exam. So this is overburden on you. So i suggest you that first you do your B.Tech and then MBA. And if you do b.tech and in placement you got a good job of very good salary then this is very good sign for your career.....

But if you think that you do well both course and your result will not affected then go and take addmission in MBA and for that from my side BEST OF LUCK.....
20th July 2011, 01:43 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

NO,you can't do MBA side by side because for taking admission in MBA you need to have a bachelor degree from a recognized college.

You can appear for various examination conducted for admission in MBA during your final year.
thank you
20th July 2011, 04:38 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Its much often to think of getting two degrees at a time but it is not possible.

It is not possible to take admission in any postgraduation course(evenif it is MBA) if you have not cleared graduation examination.
  • Final year candidates may apply to get admission in successive year after their graduation.
  • It is possible to have a diploma along with a degree. So you may consider managerial diploma instead of degree(MBA) along with your degree.
  • Another fair chance of getting another degree could be possible if you opted Dual degree option in past before graduation .
In current scenario , you only have option either to complete your B.Tech and afterthat take admission in MBA or may take admission in any diploma course through distance learning media of IGNOU.
20th July 2011, 04:49 PM
genius_911

since MBA is a post-graduate degree.. so, for taking admission for this course, you need to complete your graduation first.. well you can appear for MBA entrance exams like CAT,MAT,etc.. this year since you are in final year... so have a graduation degree first and then take admission into the required course..
20th July 2011, 05:08 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir/mam
Hello,
The minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for the MBA course is Graduation.
Right Now you are in 4th year of B.Tech course so you have not completed your Graduation.So now you are not eligible for the MBA course.

first complete your B.Tech then you will become eligible to apply for the MBA entrance examination and then apply for the examination.

Best Wishes.....
20th July 2011, 06:30 PM
abhi789
Banned

sorry dude it is not possible but you can apply for m.b.a. in 4th year so that you can get admission in successive year.
best of luck
20th July 2011, 09:05 PM
Simmi Katiyar

No, you can't do MBA in the fourth year of B.Tech.
For it you have to complete your graduate first with minimum 50% marks for MAT and minimum 60% marks or CAT, SNAP etc.
If you want to do something else with your 4th year of B.Tech. then you can do diploma course only and there is no any other option in this matter.
So first complete your B.Tech. and along with it you can do preparation for various entrance exam like MAT, CAT, XAT, SNAP, GMAT, PGDM etc.
20th July 2011, 11:16 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?

Dear friend,

It is not possible to do MBA along with B.Tech. But you can appear in the entrance exam of MBA in the final year.

The MBA entrance exams are:

CAT
MAT
XAT
State level exam
etc

The student who qualify above mentioned exam they can take admission in MBA. The score of these exams are valid for one year.

Eligiblity Criteria -

Graduation in any stream is the minimum qualification to apply for MBA entrance exam.

Final year students of graduation can also apply forMBA entrance exam.

At last I would like to suggest you to qualify the entrance exam in the final year and take admission in MBA after complition of graduation only.

All the best............
20th July 2011, 11:23 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?

Quote:
sir/mam
No its not possible.....
Its much often to think of getting two degrees at a time but it is not possible.

It is not possible to take admission in any postgraduation course(evenif it is MBA) if you have not cleared graduation examination.
but after you complete your graduation try to crack CAT........ ANDT then go for MBA................
21st July 2011, 02:25 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir/mam
sorry dear but u cant join two degrees at a same time
first u have to complete one
u can join the dual degree program
it is of 5 yrs 4yrs of btech and 1 year or mba and u will complete the m.b.a also
hope this information will help u
21st July 2011, 11:59 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
sir/mam
dear friend,
you can not do mba while doing b.tech. you will have to complete b.tech first.
you can give the entrance exam of mba which is CAT exam, while in fourth year of b.tech but for taking admission in mba, you will surely have to complete b.tech first. after that you will be eligible to take admission.
for getting admission in a good mba college, you have to get very good marks in cat exam. so you will have to do a lot of hard work and for that purpose, you are having a one whole year.
so good luck for your preparation.
1st August 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

m dng intrnshp in medical field. So can i apply for mba at this time because now i have got only 6months left for the completion of ma internshp?
2nd August 2011, 03:35 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
sir/mam
Yes, you can apply for the MBA entrance exam in your 4th year of B.tech. when you completed your B.tech you can submit your rest of the documents.
15th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

is it any difference in lateral entery in b.tech and the b.tech after any engering college
15th September 2011, 11:18 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Following are the exams through which you can go for MBA:
1. CAT
2. MAT
3. XAT etc.
The minimum eligibility to appear in these exams is to complete your Graduation.
Although you are able to appear for the exams in the final year of your studies.
But to take admission in the colleges you must have to show that you have completed your Bachelor Degree meanwhile.
All the best.
16th September 2011, 12:01 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

sorry, you can't do MBA before completing your engineering course.

MBA is a master course, so before doing graduation it is not possible to do MBA.

there have two modes of MBA

>>Regular.

>>correspondence.

to do mba from renounced institute after doing degree engineering, you have to give following entrance test

>>JEMAT.

>>CAT.

>>MAT.

etc.

all the best.......
16th September 2011, 12:19 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

sir/mam
20th September 2011, 09:37 PM
bodhigyan
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir/mam
hi dear,
u cant do mba in ur b.tec 4th sem because there is minimum graduation degree is required n u r not completed ur graduation
all the best>
30th September 2011, 08:18 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

You cannot do MBA at the same time you are doing final year b.tech.

MBA is a P.G course, so first you have to show graduat provisional certificate at the time of councelling.

so you are doing b.tech you will not get Provisional certificate thats why its not possible

It is not a good thing for you to do simultaneous courses

First you completed the degree and then do MBA it will be nice.
29th November 2011, 12:35 PM
tuntunia

hello
Dear friend you can,t do MBA in the same year ......

Because you have in one time only one certificate is valid that,s why this type of rule is not available here.............

That,s why first you complete your B,tech and then try for another course
30th November 2011, 01:02 AM
imcoolleone

Hi dear,

Final year candidates may apply to get admission in successive year after their graduation.
It is possible to have a diploma along with a degree. So you may consider managerial diploma instead of degree(MBA) along with your degree.
Another fair chance of getting another degree could be possible if you opted Dual degree option in past before graduation .

In current scenario , you only have option either to complete your B.Tech and afterthat take admission in MBA or may take admission in any diploma course through distance learning media of IGNOU.
Thanks
15th June 2012, 12:56 PM
guruvana244

If you are Interested in MBA then why you are so worried, MBA is the good course, but after B.tech it is very different field for you, After B.tech you have to do M.tech course or try to cracked the GATE Entrance examination. If you cracked the GATE Examination with good marks then you will get chance to enter into government companies. Lots of Government companies recruits the GATE candidates on the basis of Interview.

So, I think you have to prepared well for GATE Entrance examination.

But, if you think that you have to do MBA degree course, then for this you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline and have to scored minimum 50% Marks in your Graduation.

The admission in this course is based on Entrance examinations like CAT/MAT Examination. You have cored good marks/percentile in any one of the examination and then you are eligible for Group discussion and Personal Interview.

Those who cracked all these stages are eligible to get seat in MBA in top business schools.

CAT entrance examination is conducted by IIM's every year and the examination is conducted in November/December.

MAT entrance examination is conducted 4 times in a year and you can apply for this examination many times. So please try to cracked any one the examination and then definitely you will get admission in MBA Course in top colleges/Universities.
22nd September 2015, 10:08 AM
Ronie0309

No you cannot do MBA while you are in 4th year B.Tech.
Actually it is illegal to pursue more than 1 graduation or post graduation courses at the same time.
One of them or even bother can be scrapped.
What you can and must do in 4th year is that you shall prepare for your MBA entrance exam and probably even join some classes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?